Luxurious turntable configuration
The X2 is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance. Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
1) We use a carbon tonearm – the rest uses aluminum.
The new 9” carbon/ aluminium sandwich construction tonearm results in better internal damping. This also means, the entire tonearm bearing is upgraded to compensate for the extra mass; altogether tracking will be more precise, stable and accurate. The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%
2) We added height-adjustable feet in their Alu/TPE sandwich construction that are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is placed on.The X-1's 8 layers of finish and hand polish guarantee its luxury appearance.3) We have a power generating board, producing the cleanest power for the motor, resulting in the most accurate and stable speeds - the rest just take power directly from the wal, and could result in extreme speed variations that need to be readjusted all the time. Our control system takes care of this for you.4) Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. To get the best performance out of it, we have improved the motor suspension. Remaining vibrations are damped and eliminated, so they are not transmitted onto the chassis, platter and cartridge. The X2‘s motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth for optimal performance. It is free floating, horizontally completely level and able to operate at the highest performance levels. In the X2, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation.5) A new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter is standard. There are advantages to Acryl - biggest of which is the way it is a mechanical coupling with the record (records are made of Acryl) Many high-end turntables have adopted Acryl as standard.We use a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation.6) Supplied either with or without a premium Pick it 2M-Silver cartridge, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Project. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use.
Again, we have set the bar for an affordable high-performance turntable that also looks and feels incredibly luxurious higher than ever before. We are excited to win more customers for our hobby and passion: analog music listening.
In the box:
- X2 with or without Pick it 2M-Silver Cartridge
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Round drive belt for 78 r.p.m.
- Power supply, allen key
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
Review Hi-Fi News
Speed 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change) Principle belt drive Platter 30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl Main bearing Stainless steel Speed variance 33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20% Wow & flutter 33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10% Signal to Noise 70 dB Tonearm 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm Effective arm length 9“/230 mm Effective tonearmmass 13.5 g Overhang 18.0 mm Tracking force range 0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick it 2M Silver) Included accessory 15V DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover, Connect it E Phono RCA cable, felt mat Power consumption 4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby Dimensions 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed Weight 10 kg net
Uncompromised high-end design