This precision tube phono preamplifier benefits from outstanding circuit technology from Dr. Sykora and uses ultimate components.
You can connect two turntables at the same time & easily set everything on the front plate. Each input settings are stored in the memory. Large ranges from 40dB up to 65dB are possible. You can perfectly match it with a wide variety of cartridges and integrate it into the rest of your Hifi system, matching the volume levels accurately to other sources like CD players or streaming devices. Load impedance can be set continuously via potentiometer, a system invented by Pro-Ject Audio Systems. It allows you to seamlessly adjust the impedance during playback and immediately assess the impact of different loading options. This is necessary to find just the right load impedance for your cartridge. No other manufacturers implement this feature in this extreme way.
B is for Balanced
Some turntables offer balanced or RCA outputs. Connect your turntable either with the 5-pin mini XLR cable or standard XLR cables & profit from the balanced signal transmission. Symmetrical, also called balanced, transmissions consist of a hot and a cold (also called + and -) signal. Both signal chains effectively carry the same musical information. The Tube Box DS3 B can extract the final musical information out of the +/- signals and remove all noise that was potentially added along the transmission. All components including tube output and polypropylene capacitors are audiophile grade and guarantee a breathtaking sound experience.
- Tube assembly: 2x E88CC / 6922
- Input impedance: stepless 10-1000 Ohms, fix 47 kOhms
- Capacitance: 50 / 150 / 300 / 400 pF
- Gain (+6dB using XLR Out): 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 dB
- Output voltage typically: 500 mV/1kHz at 5mV/1kHz (at 40dB)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: A weighted >87dBV
- THD: < 0.03%
- RIAA curve accuracy: +/- 0.5dB/20Hz - 20kHz
- Subsonic filter: at 20Hz with 18dB/octave
- Input: 1x 5-pin mini XLR / 1x pair XLR / 1x pair RCA phono
- Output: 1x pair RCA, 1x pair XLR
- Power supply: 18V/1000mA DC
- Power consumption: max 750 mA DC / < 0.5 watt standby
- Dimensions W x H x D: 206 x 70 x 194 mm
- Weight: 1560g (without power supply)
Sold by Audiofi, we ship free in Canada