Luxman E-250 MM/MC Phono Preamplifier
One of the best phono pre-amps in its price category. The Luxman E250 is a textbook design borne out of Luxman's experience and application of best practices in pre-amp design. How to get to the lowest noise, lowest distortion, best frequency balance, and most musical result? Read on;
Since a Moving Coil cartridge has a very low output, transformers are considered ideal for the first stage of amplification. These have the advantage of being free of noise, which is a problem with solid-state or tube pre-amps when dealing with microscopically small signals.
The signal is fed first to the next stage of amplification done by a FET equalizer circuit to minimize noise - no feedback is used. The E-250 features many of LUXMAN’s original and custom-built parts.
Load impedance and load capacity can be selected according to your cartridge characteristics. In other words, you can fine-tune the settings for every performance and LP, releasing all the expressiveness engraved in the grooves of your records while enjoying unmitigated purity. Friends, that is what spinning vinyl is all about.
- Input sensitivity - MM: 3.2mV, MC HIGH: 0.37mV, MC LOW: 0.12mV
- Input impedance MM: 34kΩ/47kΩ/56kΩ/100kΩ (switch selection) MC HIGH: 40Ω, MC LOW: 2.5Ω
- Rated output/output impedance - 250mV/300Ω
- Gain - MM: 38dB, MC HIGH: 57dB, MC LOW: 66dB
- Maximum input (1kHz) - MM: 120mV, MC HIGH: 15mV, MC LOW: 5mV
- RIAA deviation - MM: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.3dB),
- MC HIGH/MC LOW: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.5dB)
- Total harmonic distortion - 0.003%
- S/N ratio (IHF-A) MM: 90dB, MC HIGH: 83dB, MC LOW: 80dB
- Channel separation (10kHz) - 91dB
- Input - Unbalanced line x 2
- Output - Unbalanced line x 1
- Power supply - 230V~(50Hz) / 115V~(50Hz)
- External dimensions - 364(W) x 81(H) x 274(D) mm, 14.33"W x 3.18"H x 10.79"D
- front side knob of 6mm and rear side, terminal of 11mm included in depth
- Net weight - 4.3kg (main unit)
- Accessories - Power cable
- Warranty 3 years