Yamaha RX-A6A 9.2 ch Receiver
Time for Evolution. We have taken our popular
receiver designs and improved important aspects to create a platform for the next decade. This wasn't easy. Our receivers were the top selling brand in Canada and America.
Our receivers were already close to perfect when it comes to price performance ratio, and our meticulious construction techniques meant the best reliability in the industry.
- We cleaned up the front panel - removing the nightmare of buttons that are the bane of every user. We put them on an app where they belong.
- We focus on sound quality. Our receivers are built like audiophile amplifiers, with analog amplifiers on all the channels - not digital surrounds like some competitors. Over-built power supplies provide fast and articulate attack in the sound to match the improved video quality we are seeing on the latest screens.
- High Slew Rate Amplifiers
The slew rate measures how quickly an amplifier can respond to a rapid change of input level, which contributes to delivering a precise signal transmission and is especially effective with high resolution audio signals. This newly designed circuit achieves both a high slew rate and stable signal transmission, allowing it to handle each audio signal with precision and accuracy.
- Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge
The newly designed Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge is a fifth foot in the front-and-center of the chassis unit base. It dampens much more vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers — providing dynamic sound and focused, accurate reproduction.
- Newly Designed Mechanical Structure
The highly logical and symmetrical internal layout of parts and totally renewed circuit boards are designed to keep the signal paths on each board as short as possible. The new H-cross frame improves rigidity of the receiver body and sound stability, allowing for clearer, sharper and more transparent reproduction. Also the newly redesigned mechanical structure contributes to avoiding the transition of vibration from the transformer to the amplifier circuit. Sound noises are reduced to improve clarity
To further improve sound quality, we use a SABRE ES9007S Premier Digital to Analog processor for professional quality audio.
- We made the receivers future ready. Now, each time a new video format arrives you are forced to replace your receiver to keep up. Some brands let you replace a module, at a huge cost of upgrade. Yamaha partnered with Qualcomm to design a very powerful control centre that can upgrade to new video formats by a simple (free) download.
The pace of video advances are fast - some of our competitors have just updated to HDMI 2.1 that offers 8k/60 Hz. What they don't mention is that this is only with compressed signals. you need the Qualcomm processor to keep ahead with the next step which is:
MOVIES AND GAMES LIKE NEVER BEFORE /HDR 10+, 8k/60 Hz and 4k/120 Hz via firmware update
- We made the rear speakers wireless - or wired. We realize that cables to rear speakers are sometimes hard to install. Don't give up on surround sound for this reason - our wireless rear speakers simply plug in in convenient locations.
" it's a smash hit. Its sound is naturalistic and musical, and alongside the control it brings to multichannel tracks there's an undercurrent of snarl and aggression. It's (literally) a home cinema heavyweight, and should be on your audition list if a new AVR (with HDMI 2.1 connectivity) is the order of the day"
read the review in HomeCinemaChoice
- Amplifier Section Channel 9.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 185W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 150 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 220 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- High slew rate amplifier Yes
- General Standby Power Consumption (IR only) < 0.4W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes Dimensions (W x H x D) 435W x 192H x 442D mm (with antenna up:435W x 271H x 442D mm); 17-1/8"W x 7-1/2"H x 17-3/8"D (with antenna up: 17- 1/8"W x 10-5/8"H x 17-3/8"D)
- Weight 20.3kg 44.8lbs
- Connectivity MusicCast Surround Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 7 / 3
- HDMI Pass-through 8K60AB, 4K120AB (via firmware update)
- HDMI CEC Yes
- USB Input Yes
- Network Port Yes
- Wi-Fi Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay 2 Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input USB Digital Audio
- Input/Output: Optical 3 / 0 Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 2 / 0 Analog Audio Input/Output 6 / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- XLR Terminal Yes Component Video Input/Output 1 / 0 Composite Video Input/Output 2 / 0 Preout 11.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1
- Warranty 4 years