Rotel A14 mkII Amplifier
Introducing the new Rotel.
Replacing the much respected Rotel designs wasn't easy. The Amplifiers sold in great numbers and have been one of the top selling products in America and Europe. Regarded as superb value for money, they bring a taste of hi-end to affordable price points.
How to improve on something that is already close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production?
The Tachikawa family in Japan – founders and owners of Rotel, finally had the opportunity to work with Ken Ishiwata, a highly respected engineer behind much of the success of rival brand Marantz.
Ishiwata is known for elevating sound quality by a combination of changes - both mechanical and electronic, with the application of damping materials helping to deaden vibrations in both the top cover and main chassis. The DAC stage sees the replacement of eight capacitors and one resistor with upgraded types, while all nine capacitors in the PSU have also been switched for preferred alternatives. Furthermore, the electrical ground paths within have been re-routed
The objective was to create the best sounding units for those with critical ears and limited budgets, and a feature set demande by Audiophiles in the 2020's:
- 80 Watts per channel of analog Class AB amplification - enough to drive Floorstanding Speakers.
- Analog and digital inputs, also wireless aptX HD music streamer, also Phono MM input
- 80 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.018% THD
- Class AB amplification with custom-designed toroidal transformer
- premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX audio coding
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.5dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.5dB); 10-90,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±2dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB (line); 90 dB (phono); 103 dB (digital)
- support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 5 unbalanced RCA inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- 2 optical digital inputs and 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- USB Type-A port on rear panel for device charging only
- Rotel Link input/output
- allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app for Apple iPhone
- 3.5mm IR input
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RCA preamp output
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- A/B speaker outputs with binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 3-11/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- weight: 19.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years