MM Phono Pre-amplifier
Pro-Ject Audio, based in Europe, is the world's largest manufacturer of turntables. They also make quite a few phono preamps. We feel the MM phono preamp is a great value for under $110. It is designed for moving magnet cartridges only, has solid connections, and is very low noise. We love companies who practice “trickle down” technology where what they learn on their no holds barred products makes it into their more affordable models. The Pro-Ject MM is a great example of where you get some awesome circuitry that has its heritage in much more expensive pieces
Good sound from sound technology
- Low Noise- With it’s well shielded case and low noise circuitry, the MM will not add noise to the signal.
- Small Form Factor- The Pro-Ject MM is tiny with a separate power supply which allows you to locate it right behind your turntable in most cases.
- Gold plated RCA connection sockets
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
- Dual Mono Circuitry- With a separate circuit for each channel, you’ll get great stereo separation.
- Amplification and RIAA equalization for MM cartridges
- Small size allows installation close to record player