Introducing a radical re-design.
Replacing the M-700 and M-900 models wasn't easy. They sold in numbers and have been successful in their class in Europe, Asia and America. Luxman is looking at the 100th anniversary of its founding in 2025, and has renewed the amplifier circuit topology which has been used in their amplifiers since 1999. With improvements we achieve a more realistic, fresh reproduction - rich in musicality The result is an incredible refined product. Made in Kanagawa, Japan it is close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production:
Stereophile's John Atkinson was keen to listen to the new Luxman - he said this about Luxman's Power Amplifiers.
"Listening to some of my hi-rez live piano recordings, I was blown away by the sheer force the massive Luxman endowed the instrument's left-hand register with. The midrange and high frequencies sounded unforced and natural"
Luxman wins Stereophile product of the year
"Apart from the soundstaging capabilities and much-improved transparency, there is something even more important that makes the Luxman combo so outstanding: bass quality is probably the area where the Luxmans made the biggest leap. The bass of the Amplifier is deep enough for any recording and it has enough weight not to cause a proportional misbalance in the frequency spectrum. It digs deep into the basement yet the sound does not stay confined underground and swiftly gets back to daylight if the music calls for it. On top of it, the bass of the Luxman combo is miraculously delineated"
Click here for the matching C-900u pre-amplifier
- Description: Solid state, class-AB power amplifier (output stage biased into class-A operation up to 12W).
- Inputs: 1 pair single-ended (RCA), 1 pair balanced (XLR).
- Outputs: 2 pairs binding posts.
- Power output: 150Wpc into 8 ohms (21.76dBW), 300W into 4 ohms (21.76dBW), 600W into 8 ohms (27.8dBW) as bridged monoblock (BTL).
- Instantaneous maximum output power: 1200W into 1 ohm (21.76dBW), 2400W into 2 ohms (21.76dBW), BTL.
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz, +0/–0.1dB; 1Hz–130kHz, +0/–3dB.
- Voltage gain: 29dB.
- Input sensitivity (for 150W into 8 ohms): 1.24V.
- Input impedance: 51k ohms (unbalanced, "Line"), 28k ohms (balanced).
- Damping factor: 600 according to EIAJ Current Injection Method.
- THD: <0.003%, 1kHz at 150W into 8 ohms, <0.04%, 20Hz–20kHz.
- Signal/noise: 117dB, IHF A-weighted.
- Power consumption: 540W (max), 250W (no signal), 1W, standby.
- Dimensions: 17.3" (440mm) W × 8.8" (224mm) H × 19.1" (485mm) D.
- Weight: 106.5lb (48.4kg).
- Finish: Silver.