The Luxman is about transparency, allowing you to get close to the moment the recording was done, being in the room with the musician, getting intimate with the effortless detail, especially micro-detail. Muscular when it needs to be, bringing the scale of instruments into focus. Tight bass, never forceful, just lively, bringing the launch of a sudden pressure wave of air as a drum is struck into your room as if you were present the day the recording was done."Luxman's L-505uXII is not an inexpensive amplifier, but it is the first rung on the Luxman amp ladder – and yet it didn't sound anything like an entry point amp. Made entirely in Japan, the elegant L-505uXII has superb Swiss-watch build quality and sound quality to match"
Inside the amplifier - the first stage of amplification
The challenge is to preserve delicacy while being able to handle large dynamic swings.
The pre-amp output stage is able to drive the signal with enhanced current supply capacity. The clarity of the audio signal is protected, while at the same time, the driving force-fed through to the power amplifier stage is significantly increased. The power and reproduction capability of the L-505uXII achieves overwhelming scale sensitivity and a sharpness on start-up that cannot be achieved by conventional pre-amplifiers.
Next - providing the power that real live instruments need
The power supply of the L-505uXII consists of a highly regulated EI core type power transformer, with four large capacity 10,000μF blocking capacitors which it says creates a highly stable power supply. This ensures an immediate, constant, and stable current supply. Dynamic ‘swings’ in music require plenty of current especially at higher volumes, and Luxman has left no stone unturned concerning the power supply here.
An abundance of user-friendly functions
The L-505uXII is equipped with a high-quality phono preamplifier that is compatible with MM and MC cartridges supporting full analog reproduction. This model offers all the functions that a high-quality pre-main amplifier should offer such as bass/treble tone controls that can be bypassed, and headphone output to name a few.
"Luxman's entry-level but heavyweight integrated amplifier delivers sonic authority, tactility, centeredness, continuity, easefulness, soundstage size, image specificity—you name it—in spades. It's the difference between "This is pretty good" and "This is addictive." Stereophile
- Rated output - 100W + 100W (8Ω), 150W + 150W (4Ω)
- Input sensitivity/impedance - PHONO (MM): 2.5mV/47kΩ, PHONO (MC): 0.3mV/100Ω, LINE: 180mV/47kΩ, BAL.LINE: 180mV/55kΩ, MAIN-IN: 1V/47kΩ
- Output voltage - REC OUT: 180mV, PRE-OUT: 1V
- Frequency response - PHONO: 20Hz to 20kHz (within -3dB)
- LINE: 20Hz to 100kHz (within -3dB)
- Total harmonic distortion - 0.009% or less (8Ω, 1kHz)
- 0.09% or less (8Ω, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N ratio (IHF-A) - PHONO (MM): 91dB or more,PHONO (MC): 75dB or more
- LINE: 104dB or more
- Output configuration - Bipolar parallel push-pull
- Damping factor - 210
- Max. amount of tone control - BASS: ±8dB at 100Hz, TREBLE: ±8dB at 10kHz
- Power supply - 115V~(60Hz)
- Power consumption - 270W, 85W (under no signal), 0.4W (at standby)
- Dimensions - 440(W) x 178(H) x 454(D) mm (front side knob of 20mm and rear side terminal of 27mm included in depth)
- Net weight - 22.5kg
- Accessories - Remote control (RA-17A), Power cable
Audiofi is your Luxman Dealer. We offer free shipping in Canada