end of summer sale
KLH Model 3
The brilliant new retro KLH 3 pays homage to one of the most successful speakers ever.
Henry Kloss was a prominent American audio engineer credited as helping advance high-fidelity loudspeaker technology. After college studies in physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and High Fidelity at New York University, Henry went on to found and co-found several well-known audio brands over the course of several decades, this includes Acoustic Research, KLH, Advent, Cambridge SoundWorks and Tivoli.
An ad for AR stereo speakers from a 1971 music magazine featuring a Miles Davis endorsement
Henry was fondly dubbed by Wes Phillips of Stereophile Magazine as “The Man Who Changed Audio and Video – Time and Time Again”. He co-developed the first acoustic suspension speaker, and with KLH introduced the world’s first full-range electrostatic speaker.
The newest addition to the Model Collection: the stunning KLH Model Three loudspeaker! This beauty is a compact bookshelf speaker that rivals the largest floor standing speakers. The Model Three’s two-way design continues the KLH acoustic suspension legacy of accurate, audiophile-quality performance. This charming bookshelf speaker serves as the perfect solution for music enthusiasts with smaller listening spaces. Unlike other loudspeakers at this price point, listeners have the flexibility to place their Model Three’s closer to the wall than the average tower speaker. Or with even more convenience, you can fit your Model Three on a bookshelf!
The KLH Model Three is made using real wood veneers, cast aluminum baskets, and gorgeous, sustainable MDF cabinetry. Like the Model Five floorstanding speaker, the English Walnut Model Three bookshelf speaker comes with a beautiful Stone Wash Linen grille cloth that magnifies the rich finish of the real wood veneers. Meanwhile, the West African Mahogany finish is complemented by the gorgeous Old World Linen grille cloth that never fails to make a striking statement. And you can’t forget about the stunning Nordic Noir finish that is shipped with the Medici Grey Linen grille cloth! Right now you can purchase the Old-World Linen, Stone Wash Linen, and the stunning Basalt Black Knit grille separately to customize your Model Three bookshelf speaker as your own!
“I think the KLH Model Threes are one of the best deals and best-kept secrets in audio.”
Robert Schryer, Stereophile read the review
KLH Model 3 awarded Stereophile Recommended Component status
Other awards won by KLH Model 3
- Two-way, acoustic suspension, standmount loudspeaker
- Three-position Mid-HF attenuation switch and a metal-frame
- Slant riser base (included).
- Driver complement: 1" aluminum-dome tweeter; 8" pulp-paper–cone woofer
- Crossover frequency: 1.6kHz (2nd-order).
- Frequency response: 46Hz–20kHz ±3dB.
- Low-frequency extension: –10dB at 35Hz.
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms.
- Minimum impedance: 3.7 ohms at 320Hz.
- In-room sensitivity: 88dB/2.83V/m. Free-field sensitivity: 85dB/2.83V/m.
- Power handling: 150W, 600W peak.
- Recommended amplification: 30–150W.
- In-room maximum SPL: 108dB. Inputs: gold-plated, five-way binding posts.
- Dimensions: (w/o base) 12.3" (311mm) W × 19" (482mm) H × 10.5" (267mm) D.
- Weight: 29lb (13.2kg).
- Finish: English Walnut, West African Mahogany, or Nordic Noir.
- Warranty 10 years