Yamaha AS-1200 Integrated Amplifier
We like the pure analog design of the Yamaha AS-S1200 Bravo Yamaha! for not resorting to digital like so many peers. It offers all the quality fastidious Audiophiles want; beautiful sound quality, transparent and sweet - with low distortion achieved with high grade components. Superbly built for years of enjoyment.
Yamaha is serious about their HiFi amplifiers.
Yamaha’s amplifier design technology called ToP-ART features an I/O (input to output) Direct Symmetrical Design, with left and right channels organised in a straight, symmetrical layout for highest signal purity.
In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid centre bar provide high-rigidity support and vibration damping. These Yamaha design innovations contribute to this amplifiers’ musicality.
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
Custom-made power transformer, custom-made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one-point grounding system, aluminium-extruded heat sinks and other top-quality parts effortlessly handle demanding audio signal conditions.
Usually reserved for flagship Hi-Fi components, the A-S1200 benefits from the current capability and low noise of a toroidal transformer.
The level meters are both a nod to the nostalgic era of Hi-Fi, while simultaneously demonstrating the return of pure Hi-Fi for today’s discerning enthusiast.
Direct Symmetrical Design, with left and right channels organised in a straight, symmetrical layout for highest signal purity.
High Capacity Heatsinks lead to longevity and lower heat related distortion.
In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid centre bar provide high-rigidity support and vibration damping.
Hi-quality Connectors and terminals that will not tarnish for years, make this long term investment.
Mechanical Ground Concept
The A-S1200 Ground Concept begins with the bolts of the feet welded directly to the main chassis, followed with the large heat sink, power transformer and block capacitors also directly bolted to the chassis. Through this design, unwanted vibration is avoided
- Rated Output Power [20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD] 90 W ＋ 90 W (8 ohms), 150 W ＋ 150 W (4 ohms)
- Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 105/135/190/220 W
- Damping Factor ≧ 250 (1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB (5Hz-100kHz) , ＋0 / -0.3 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz)
- RIAA Equalization Deviation ＋/-0.5 dB (PHONO (MM/MC))
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz) PHONO MC→LINE2 OUT: 0.02% (1.2 Vrms), PHONO→LINE2 OUT: 0.005% (1.2 Vrms), CD, etc.→SP OUT: 0.035% (50 W/8 ohms）
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio PHONO MC: 90 db, PHONO MM: 96 dB, CD, etc.: 110 dBInput
- Sensitivity [1 kHz, 100 W/8 ohms] PHONO MC: 150 uVrms/50 ohms, PHONO MM: 3.5 mVrms/47 kohms, CD, etc.: 200 mVrms/47 kohms, MAIN IN: 1 Vrms/47 kohms
- Transformer 625VA (Toroidal)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6-1/8" x 18-1/4"
- Weight 48.5 lbs
- Warranty 4 years