sold in store - inquiries please call (604) 351-3485
Yamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amplifier
- Fully balanced circuit design from input to speaker out
- Pre-amp from A-S3200
- Built in Japan
- Upgraded Power Supply Capacitors
We say: The Yamaha A-S2200 builds on the A-S1200 by adopting the pre-amplifier section of the A-S3200. This is a sophisticated active pre-amp with balanced inputs and superb handling of micro dynamics. It also contains a discrete headphone amp. The A-S2200 has the same transformer as the A-S1200 but more reservoir capacitors: 22,000 vs 18,000. It is built by Yamaha's Japan factory.
Toroidal power transformers, renowned for their superior performance in Hi-Fi components has been appointed to power the A-S2200. Its ability to maintain energy when compared to substitutes aids the A-S2200 in delivering all the emotional energy of the artist infused in the music.
Gorgeous Level Meters
The level meters are both a nod to the nostalgic era of Hi-Fi while simultaneously demonstrating the importance of pure Hi-Fi for today’s discerning enthusiast. Visually presenting the dynamics and pulse of the music, the level meters imbue a warm feeling through their softly illuminated LEDs.
True Hi-Fi brings the artist to the forefront and makes the listener forget where they are. Music listening becomes an active experience rather than a passive activity. The openness in the Yamaha Hi-Fi range delivers this musical experience.
Thick Wires for Ground Connection
A naturally open sound stage is achieved through a culmination of design and component selection. Thick wires for ground connection were purposely selected, adding to the overall low impedance amplifier design, producing a wide and open sound stage for the listener. Consequently, the components disappear, leaving the artist in their place.
Original Speaker Terminals
Cut directly from pure brass, the luxurious speaker terminals effortlessly allow tightening by hand, achieving a highly secure connection.
Music is more than a story. The rhythm and groove of the music reaches the listener, consciously or subconsciously, to evoke a feeling from the story that’s within the music. Presenting the music as intended by the artist achieves this for the listener.
Mechanical Ground Concept
The Mechanical Ground Concept adopted in the A-S2200 maximizes rigidity and reduces any unwanted vibration, achieving expressive and rhythmic bass. Further rigidity is achieved with the large power transformer, block capacitors and heat sink directly bolted to the chassis while the feet, with bolts directly welded to the main chassis, provide further reinforcement for absolute rigidity.
Chrome-Plated Brass Feet
Completing the amplifier rigidity are the heavy-duty chrome-plated brass feet.
- Rated Output Power [20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD] 90＋90W (8 ohms), 150+150W (4 ohms)
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 105/135/190/220 W
- Damping Factor ≧ 250 (1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB (5 Hz-100 kHz) , ＋0 / -0.3 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz)
- RIAA Equalization Deviation ＋/-0.5 dB (PHONO (MM/MC))
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz) PHONO MC→LINE2 OUT: 0.02 % (1.2 Vrms), PHONO→LINE2 OUT: 0.005 % (1.2 Vrms), CD, etc./BAL→SP OUT: 0.035 % (50 W/8 ohms）
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio PHONO MC: 90 db, PHONO MM: 96 dB, CD, etc.: 110 dB, BAL: 114 dB
- Input Sensitivity [1 kHz, 100 W/8 ohms] PHONO MC: 150 uVrms/50 ohms, PHONO MM: 3.5 mVrms/47 kohms, CD, etc.: 200 mVrms/47 kohms, MAIN IN: 1 Vrms/47 kohms, BAL: 200 mVrms/100 kohms
- Transformer 625VA (Toroidal)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6-1/8" x 18-1/4"
- Weight 50.0 lbs
- Warranty four years parts and labor, Canada