Rotel A11 MkII Amplifier
Introducing a new Rotel.
Replacing the much respected Rotel designs wasn't easy. The Amplifiers sold in great numbers and have been one of the top selling products in America and Europe. Regarded as superb value for money, they bring a taste of hi-end to affordable price points.
How to improve on something that is already close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production?
The Tachikawa family in Japan – founders and owners of Rotel, finally had the opportunity to work with Ken Ishiwata, a highly respected engineer behind much of the success of rival brand Marantz.
Ishiwata is known for elevating sound quality by a combination of changes - both mechanical and electronic, with the application of damping materials helping to deaden vibrations in both the top cover and main chassis. Nine capacitors in the PSU have also been switched for preferred alternatives. Furthermore, the electrical ground paths within have been re-routed.
The A11 MKII now features a high performance Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz DAC With over 22 critical component upgrades in the digital circuits, which combine to improve staging and resolution
The objective was to create the best sounding units for those with critical ears and limited budgets, and a feature set demanded by Audiophiles in the 2020's:
Streaming built in
The A11 has the latest aptX HD Bluetooth, which is essentially an updated, beefed-up Bluetooth with the ability to transfer music in a way that permits better sound quality
It was released in reaction to the increasing popularity of hi-res audio and it supports audio at 24-bit/48kHz. Compression remains at a ratio of 4:1, with a bitrate of 576kbps.
- CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT 50W/Ch (All channels driven, 8Ω)
- SPEAKER IMPEDANCE 4Ω minimum
- INPUT SENSITIVITY Line Level Inputs: 180mV Phono Input (MM): 2.3mV
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION (THD) (20Hz–20kHz) <0.03%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE Line Level Inputs: 10Hz - 100kHz ±0.5dB Phono Input: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.5dB
- S/N RATIO (IHF "A" Weighted) Line Level Inputs: 100dB, Phono Input: 85dB
- High precision Texas Instruments PCM5102A 32-bit / 384kHz DAC
- Custom engineered high efficiency, low noise toroidal transformer.
- Intuitive front panel controls and the included IR remote ensure seamless setup and operation.
- 24-bit / 192kHz Coaxial and Optical digital inputs.
- Bluetooth with aptX HD and AAC.
- 3 x RCA analog inputs, 1 x MM Phono input and 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack
- The rear panel includes dual 12V trigger outputs and an auto-power off selector switch to automatically power off when the unit is not use.
- 5-way speaker binding posts.
- Remote control included.
- DIMENSIONS (W × H × D) 430 × 93 × 345mm 17" × 3.6" × 13.5"
- FRONT PANEL HEIGHT 80mm (3.15")
- POWER REQUIREMENTS 120V, 60Hz
- NET WEIGHT 6.85kg (15lbs.)
- Warranty 5 years