Project DS3B Phono Pre-amp
High-End Features and Limitless Loading Options
The Phono Box DS3 B employs a steel chassis enveloped by aluminum panels. This construction offers very high rigidity and isolation against interferences, which is essential for the new technology inside. Magnetic wooden side panels are available separately as add-ons. You can connect up to two turntables simultaneously – all parameters for each input get stored in the memory. Perfectly match the Phono Box DS3 B to a wide variety of cartridges. Load impedance can be set continuously via a potentiometer, a system invented by Pro-Ject Audio Systems, to adjust the impedance during playback and assess the impact of different loading options in real-time. No other manufacturer implements this feature as elegantly!
Balanced By Nature
Cartridges are balanced signal transducers by nature! Due to the internal wiring of MM cartridges, you'll need a MC cartridge to access the entirety of that balanced signal. Together with our new True Balanced Connection cables you'll be able to access high-end features that were previously only available on the most expensive phono stages. And the best: any Pro-Ject turntable with RCA, miniXLR or 5P output can do it!
A TECHNICAL DEEP DIVE
The Phono Box DS3 B incorporates a true, fully balanced gain stage design. Whether you're using a single-ended RCA or balanced connection, both times the fully symmetrical gain stage can optimize the signal-to-noise ratios, feeding the fully passive and discrete RIAA equalization stage with the cleanest signal to work its magic on. Entirely split passive equalization allows for better impedance matching and lower deviation from the ideal RIAA curve. The Phono Box DS3 B uses fully discrete audio circuitry. A discrete circuit is composed of disparate, individual electronic components, also called discrete components. Years of experience have proven that even the best Op-Amps do not come close to the neutral, natural, dynamic, and vivid presentations of discrete circuit.
"Greater transparency and fine detail. The music projected strongly against an even quieter, more inky black silent background"
read the review in Stereonet
- Input impedance: Stepless 10 – 1000 ohms or fix 47kOhms
- Input capacitance: 50, 150, 300, 400 pF
- Gain (+ 6dB using XLR Out sockets): 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 dB
- Signal / Noise ratio MM (40dB): 104dBV, 111dBV - ‚A‘ weighted
- Signal / Noise ratio MC (60dB): 85dBV, 91dBV - ‚A‘ weighted
- THD at 1 kHz: <0,001% MM, < 0,004% MC
- THD (20Hz-20kHz): <0,005% MM, < 0,01% MC
- RIAA-equalization curve accuracy: < 0,25dB / 20Hz - 20kHz
- Subsonic filter: at 20Hz with 18dB/octave
- Input: 1x 5-pin mini XLR / 1x pair XLR / 1x pair RCA phono
- Line-level output: 1x pair RCA, 1x pair XLR
- Wiring XLR sockets 1 ground, 2 “hot” and 3 “cold”
- Trigger In/Out: 12V on/off detector
- Power supply DC: 18V/500mA
- Power consumption: 18V/max.290mA DC, <0.5 W standby
- Dimensions: W H D 206 x 72 x 205 mm 8-1/8 x 2-7/8 x 8-1/8 inch
- Weight: 1480g without power supply
Audiofi is your Project DS3B dealer, we ship free in Canada