Moon 340i X Integrated Amplifier
Moon 340i D3PX Integrated Amplifier with DAC and Phono
The Moon 340i X is the ultimate example of a Neo-class Integrated Amplifier. Combining high power, sonic finesse, and superb flexibility, the Neo 340i X will seduce you with its musical authority, as well as its rich, engaging, and lifelike sound quality.
You can buy the Moon configured just as a straightforward integrated amplifier for the grand sum of $5800. In this configuration it is called the 340i X. But when it’s only a further $1100 to add the DAC and a phono stage as factory-installed options it’s hard to see why many people wouldn’t do so, particularly as both add-ons are priced so keenly. The extra money, by the way, also adds D3 (DAC) and P (phono) to the product name, thus we end up with 340i D3PX.
Simaudio notes the 340i X utilizes a large, oversized power supply that features a customized toroidal transformer design, and matched proprietary bipolar output transistors. Hand assembled using high quality components in Boucherville, Quebec, where Simaudio Ltd. has its factory.
"This integrated amplifier was created for audio cognoscenti—those who know how rare a really well-engineered amp actually is. For these reasons, I believe the Moon by Simaudio Neo 340i will hold its value: The way it satisfied this listener with its Champagne Brut audio aesthetic should never go out of fashion. Confidently recommended" read the review in Stereophile
"The sound of the Neo 340i was wonderfully engaging, with a wide, laid-back soundstage that never thrust itself on me, and so was not fatiguing to listen to for long periods"
read the review in Soundstage Hifi
"There’s a good measure of dynamic agility and texture to go with the pyrotechnics; leading to a degree of transparency than is uncommon at this price point and actually quite a bit above. The 340i threw the windows wide open on familiar performances, allowing the household to hear spatial, tonal and dynamic details that might be lost in the mix when using lesser amplification" read the review in EAR
- Power Output: 100W into 8 ohms; 200W into 4 ohms
- Massive oversized power supply using a custom toroidal transformer design
- Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
- Class A output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
340 X Connectivity:
Analog inputs: 3x RCA, 1 x XLR, 1 x 3.5mm minijack
- Analog outputs: tape out RCA, pre-out RCA
- Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack located on the front panel
- One audio input functions as a "pass-through", bypassing the gain stage to accommodate a component such as a home theatre processor, whose own volume control is used instead.
340 DPX Connectivity adds:
- Phono input: MM/MC - adjustment available – 10, 100, 475, and 47k Ohm resistance, and 0, 100, 330, and 430 pF capacitance, with a choice of four gain settings from 40 to 66dB, as well as both RIAA and IEC equalization
- Digital inputs: 2x coaxial, Toslink optical, USB
- Max DAC resolution: 32-bit/384kHz, DSD256
- 12 Volt trigger output for remote operations
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- IR input for external control
- SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimized selection of very high-quality electronic components
- Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy
- Includes CRM-3 remote control
- Available in black or 2-tone black/silver finish.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 89 x 429 x 376mm
- Weight: 13kg
- Made in Canada
- Warranty 10 years (with registration)