Marantz Model 40n Streaming Amplifier
Finally. The evolutionary new Marantz Model 40n integrated amplifier drives the message home for this quality hi-fi brand
Luxurious look and feel
MODEL 40n follows a long line of historic Marantz pieces notable for their exquisite design. Every aspect is considered—from premium materials, symmetry, classic porthole display, and even smooth operation of the volume control. Your stereo doesn’t need to look like lab equipment. Marantz MODEL 40n begs to be heard, seen, and touched.
Bravo. Built like an audiophile amplifier
As far as actual amplification is concerned, the Marantz Model 40n uses a Class A/B analog design with a total output of 70 watts per channel. Internally, all manner of things have been done to optimise signal flow and reduce distortion and noise, from separating the power supply and audio circuits (pre/power stages, analogue and digital stages) with a heatsink, to using short signal paths and extra strong shielding to keep the signal as pure as possible for ultimate sound clarity.
Now with HDMI arc compatible input to hook up your 4K TV - but the connectivity doesn't stop there. You have a full assortment of analogue and digital connections to take advantage of too, including optical and coaxial digital, three analogue inputs, a moving magnet phono stage for your turntable. There's even a dedicated subwoofer output for extra flexibility should your set-up demand it.
The built-in HEOS streaming platform not only brings Spotify Connect, Amazon Music and Tidal to the party but also opens up your own digital music library with support for high-resolution audio to the tune of 24-bit/192kHz (PCM) and DSD up to 5.6MHz. Apple Music is also catered for with AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth support are also included—plus, playback of your own PC music file collection via USB-A input or on compatible home servers. You can even access the world of voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Marantz Model 40 wins the Europe EISA Award
"Marantz’s rich history contains many landmark amplifiers, and the Model 40n ties perfectly into that heritage. Yes, it’s gorgeous to look at in either black or silver gold finish, but more appealing still is how it fuses the brand’s performance-first ethos with a dizzying range of features. Stream digital music via the HEOS platform, connect a turntable to the MM phono input, or lace up a TV through HDMI ARC – the Model 40n is equally at home playing your analog or digital music collection as taking TV and movie entertainment to new heights. Anyone seeking a modern, do-it-all integrated amplifier with superb sound will find it here"
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- high-current double-shielded toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM® SA3) circuitry for pure, detailed sound
- front-panel tone control knobs (treble, bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- voice control via optional Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices
- frequency response 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 87 dB (Phono), 106 dB (CD)
- remote control included
- detachable power cord
Network streaming features:
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- HEOS Built-in technology:
- internet radio via TuneIn, iHeart Radio, and more
- cloud-based access to popular streaming services, including Spotify Connect, Apple Music, TIDAL, and more
- wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole-home audio
- Apple AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming via iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® or computer running iTunes®
- 3 standard line-level RCA audio inputs
- separate phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- HDMI ARC input for connecting to a compatible TV
- one coaxial digital and one optical digital input
- USB Type-A port for playback from a compatible thumb drive
- Ethernet port for connecting to your home network
- stereo "power amp" inputs for use as a power amp with a home theater receiver (home theater bypass mode)
- mono preamp output for connecting a subwoofer
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- front-panel full-size 1/4" headphone jack
- binding posts for a single pair of speakers
- remote control input/output
- Dimensions 17-7/16"W x 5-1/8"H x 17"D
- weight: 36.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years