Marantz CD60 CD Player
Time for Evolution. We have taken our most popular
CD player design and improved every aspect of it.
The result is an incredible refined product.Replacing the CD-6007 wasn't easy. It sold in great numbers and has been winning awards in Europe and America. The legacy started Forty years ago when Marantz released the CD 63, the first high-performance CD Player on the market.
Our objective: a Rich, Warm, and Spacious Sound
Going beyond simple specs and measurements, our Marantz Sound Master spent many long days and nights expertly tuning the sound, changing components and circuits until a high standard could be met.
Optimized HDAM Circuit
In the Marantz CD60 player, the proprietary HDAM circuit has been further optimized from its previous version by placing the parts symmetrically on the audio board and creating a more direct signal path. This update improves the sound stage from the previous models.
High-Current Power Supply
The CD 60 power supply uses highspeed, high-current Schottky barrier diodes, higher value current storage capacitors, and improved voltage regulators compared to predecessor models in this class. Oversize capacitors in the power supply to improve current stability and reduce noise during highly demanding listening sessions.
Plays Hi-Res Audio USB Sources
The Marantz CD60 can play back MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV, FLAC HD, ALAC, AIFF (up to 192-kHz/24bit), and DSD (up to 5.6- MHz) files from a connected USB storage device.
Your CD collection has a perfomance advantage
With streaming music quality increasing, the reason to buy a CD player is that it may still offer a performance advantage, and about owning and interacting with physical media. This is the reason why so many music lovers hold onto their CD collections.
"Is there really a CD revival on the horizon? Rolling Stone magazine kicked off the year bristling with optimism about the return of the Compact Disc but, behind the hype, there's little dispute that this physical format offers great lossless fidelity and costs next to nothing secondhand"
"It certainly contributes to the CD 60 sounding 'authentically Marantz', whether from CD or file and over speakers or headphones. There's a smooth, organic feeling to its performance and the sense that all musical elements are being treated with equal care. It was undoubtedly noticeable what this disc-spinner was bringing to the table with its added warmth and impressive stereo imaging"
read the review HiFi News
- Frequency Response USB DSD: 2Hz - 50kHz (-3dB) USB PCM: 2Hz - 50kHz (-1.5dB) CD: 2Hz - 20kHz
- Harmonic Distortion USB DSD :0.0006% USB PCM 24bit: 0.0005% CD: 0.0015%
- S/N USB DSD: 110dB USB PCM 24bit: 118dB CD: 118dB
- Dynamic Range USB DSD: 110dB USB PCM 24bit: 118dB CD: 101dB
- Line Output Level 2.2Vrms
- Variable Output Level No
- Headphone Output Level 28mW / 32 ohms
- Features Output Circuit New HDAM + HDAM-SA2
- Power Transformer EI
- Headphone Circuit High slew rate op-amp + HDAM-SA2 H/P
- Amp Gain Setting Yes (Low / Mid / High)
- Audio Options Digital Out On/Off+Dimmer
- DAC Circuit ES9016K2M
- Digital Filter Filter 1, 2
- Selectable Connectivity Disc CD / CD-R / CD-RW Playability of Files Recorded on CD-R/RW MP3, WMA USB-A 1 (Front) Mass Storage Class 5V/1A USB Drive Format FAT16, FAT32 Supported Audio File Format MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, DSD (DISF / DSF)
- Finish - Black or Silver Gold