KLH model 5
Model Five acoustic suspension speakers are known as one of the finest and most sought-after speakers for audiophiles, both new and seasoned. Our updated version of this classic speaker has real wood veneers, and cast aluminum baskets, and uses acoustic suspension design principles made famous by founder Henry Kloss.
The KLH Model Five vintage speaker is offered in three gorgeous finishes (English Walnut, West African Mahogany, and Nordic Noir), allowing the loudspeaker to blend with all home decor. The English Walnut Model Five comes with a beautiful Stone Wash Linen grille cloth that magnifies the rich finish of the real wood veneers. Meanwhile, our West African Mahogany finish is complemented by an Old-World Linen grille cloth that will stop you in your tracks. And lastly, the Nordic Noir finish is shipped wearing the lovely Medici Grey Linen grille cloth. Want the option of pairing any grille cloth with the finish of your choosing? Don’t worry- you can purchase each style separately below!
“The KLH M5s are intoxication kings, urging me to hear my most beloved vinyl via its big personality and well-scaled dimensionality.”
“Mostly, the speaker played with a detailed, sparkling upper/mid/treble chutzpah that favored and seemed to amplify texture and viscosity. Notes had realistic weight and body. These Model Fives are attention-getters of the first order, delivering a big soundstage and big, juicy dynamics.” Stereophile
- Three-way, acoustic suspension, stand-mount loudspeaker with three-position Mid-HF attenuation switch and included metal-frame slant-riser base.
- Driver complement: 1" aluminum-dome tweeter; 4" pulp-paper cone midrange driver; 10" pulp-paper cone woofer. Crossover frequencies: 380Hz and 2850Hz (both 2nd-order).
- Frequency response: 42Hz–20kHz ±3dB.
- Low-frequency extension: –10dB at 32Hz.
- In-room sensitivity: 90.5dB/2.83V/m.
- Free-field sensitivity: 87.5dB/2.83V/m.
- Power handling: 200W, 800W peak.
- Recommended amplification: 20–200W.
- In-room maximum SPL: 112.3dB.
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms (3.5 ohm minimum at 140Hz). Inputs: gold-plated five-way binding posts.
- Supplied accessory: Slant Riser Base.
- Dimensions: 13.75" (350mm) W × 26" (660mm) H × 11.5" (292mm) D. Weight: 44lb (20kg).
- Finish: English Walnut or West African Mahogany.
- Manufactured in China.
- Iconic Mid-Century Modern Styling
- Acoustic Suspension Design – The most accurate and linear enclosure design available today
- Three-Position Acoustic Balance Control to tailor the loudspeaker’s output for the most difficult acoustic environments
- Dedicated midrange driver to reproduce the critical mid-frequency band
- Non-Resonant Die-Cast Aluminum Midrange & Woofer Frames
- Die-Cast Aluminum Tweeter Faceplate
- KLH cabinetry featuring a structurally reinforced ¾” MDF enclosure
- Thirteen component network using high-quality iron-core inductors & Mylar capacitors
- 5° slant riser base made of powder-coated 14-gauge steel (included with speaker purchase)
- Low-profile magnet attached grille
- 10-Year Warranty