JL Audio E112
The lower you go, the better it gets
Build a rock solid foundation for your audio system. Improve soundstage depth, scale and dynamics. JL Audio is recognized as the top subwoofer brand.
The 6 things you want most in a subwoofer
1) Tight, fast resonance free bass. JL Audio's sealed design loads the driver against a cushion of air, and allows it to start and stop on a dime. You will hear proper impact on movie affects, and musical percussion instruments.
2) Extended lows. JL Audio is designed to have an even bass response, bringing visceral, body moving bass into your room - enough to put you on a magical air pressure carpet ride.
3) Stereo amplifier speaker level connections.. Use your Receiver's dedicated RCA subwoofer output (if you have one), or the optional speaker level input that allows you to run cables from any stereo amplifier's speaker terminals directly. Some say this improves the coherency with the main speakers.
The E-Sub’s active crossover is a true two-way, 4th order Linkwitz-Riley design, with a low-pass filter feeding the subwoofer's amplifier and a high-pass filtered signal exiting its line outputs. When the on-board crossover is defeated, as is typical in a home theater installation, the line outputs deliver a pass-through, buffered signal identical to its line inputs, easily permitting multiple E-Subs to be interconnected in a ‘daisy-chain' arrangement. Switchable polarity and a fully variable phase control round out the signal processing section. All signal processing is performed in the analog domain, ensuring very low latency in critical applications.
4) Purpose Built Driver. A thing of beauty
Purpose-built to reproduce powerful low-frequency events with stunning impact and precision, the driver employs JL Audio’s exclusive DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) technology to produce higher output levels with reduced distortion, as well as improved dynamic tracking and resolution.
5) Effortless Power
JL Audio's amplifiers utilize an advanced Class D design in order to extract the most from the long-excursion driver platform. This design features a tightly regulated switching power supply, allowing the amplifier to generate prodigious amounts of unclipped output voltages. These technologies ensure that the powered subwoofers remain in their comfort zone, which is well beyond the point where most small subwoofers run out of power or driver capability.
5) Go wireless Connect a JLINK™ TRX system (sold separately) to the onboard Wireless Link port and enjoy the freedom to position your JL Audio subwoofer almost anywhere, up to 100 feet (30 meters) away from your source unit.
6) Built like a rock To contain the immense pressures created by the driver, each beautiful cabinet is carefully engineered and constructed using solid, CNC-cut, MDF material with extensive internal bracing and advanced assembly techniques. All Dominion-powered subwoofers are built with pride and precision in JL Audio’s U.S. factory to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
"The qualities that have made previous JL Audio’s subwoofers exceptional—lack of bloat and overhang, coupled with tremendous power and authority—were evident in the new, more affordable e112. The e112s was quick and agile, reproducing transient information with no smearing of leading-edge attacks, plus very fast decays. As a result, the sub didn’t dilute pace and rhythm, as many subs do"
read the review in Absolute Sound
- Enclosure Type Sealed
- Enclosure Finish Black Ash
- Frequency Response (Anechoic) 22 - 118 Hz (±1.5dB)
- -3 dB at 21 Hz / 120 Hz
- -10 dB at 17 Hz / 153 Hz
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 84.4 sq in / 0.0545 sq m
- Effective Displacement 235 cu in / 3.9 L
- Amplifier Power 1500 W RMS short-term
- Power Mode(s) Off, On or Automatic (Signal-Sensing)
- Dimensions W H D 15.5 in / 394 mm x 16.23 in / 412 mm x 18.39 in / 467 mm
- Net Weight 73.5 lb / 33.3 kg
- Note: Height dimensions include feet.