back-ordered for end Jan/Feb delivery
iFi xDSD Gryphon
Flexibility makes the xDSD Gryphon the ultimate ‘swiss army knife’ of the portable DAC/amp scene, delivering fabulous sound across a host of possible applications – a headphone amp to use with digital and analogue sources; a pure DAC or DAC/preamp to connect to an amp and speakers; the heart of a home audio system; and a mobile music lover’s dream. The xDSD Gryphon is the high-end audio system you can take with you wherever you go.
"birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend"
read the review in HiFi Plus
Hi-Fi News Verdict
"The xDSD Gryphon possesses an admirable combination of useful features and superb sound, all at an affordable price. Comprehensive Bluetooth support, proprietary eq modes, plus a balanced output, make it as well suited for those seeking an on-the-go upgrade as for audiophiles feeding demanding headphones at home via their hi-res library. iFi Audio's impressive track record continues…"
read the review in HiFi News
Brilliant Bluetooth. Hi-Res Wireless.
Using the latest QCC 5100 series Bluetooth v5.1 as the starting point, for wireless connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon is at the bleeding-edge when it comes to the latest formats:
- aptX Adaptive and aptX HD
- LDAC and HWA/LHDC
- regular aptX and aptX Low Latency
- SBC (plain vanilla Bluetooth)
Not only this but the above is on the iFi digital platform where each section is distinct. So QC5100 for reception > Global Master Clock for jitter > Burr-Brown for DAC conversion. More effort but that’s why our wireless gives wired a run for its money.
USB & S/PDIF. Wired to the nines.
In terms of wired connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon handles all the formats using a hybrid Burr-Brown DAC chipset which is the same as used in our £3,000 flagship, the Pro iDSD Signature.
Rest assured that all the following latest formats are catered for but most importantly, are pushed to their zenith.
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz)
- DSD (512/256/128/64)
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz)
- MQA (Decoder)
- PCM (192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz)
Tailored to your ears
XSpace adds back the cavernous sound stage of recordings.
XBass II reinstates the missing bass from open-backed headphones or for recordings that you hanker for bass slam. Under XBass II you can select ‘Bass’ and/or ‘Presence’ so that the upper midrange frequencies are correctly added back into your favourite recording.
iEMatch – is our proprietary tech which reduces the annoying hiss from high-sensitivity headphones without losing any dynamic range.
With digital sources, users can choose between three bespoke digital filters via the on-screen menu: Bit-Perfect, Standard and GTO (Gibbs Transient Optimised), each having a fine-tuning effect on sound.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- xDSD Gryphon
- Lightning to USB-C OTG Cable
- USB-C to USB-C OTG Cable
- USB-A to USB-C Cable
- Protective bag
Dimensions 123x75x19 mm 4.8"x3.0"x0.7"
- Wireless: Bluetooth 5.1 (aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA, AAC and SBC Codec)
- Wired Digital USB-C, S/PDIF co-axial
- Wired Analogue: Balanced 4.4mm, Single-Ended 3.5mm
- DSD DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed
- PCM 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/ 96/88.2/48/44.1kHz
- DXD 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz, Double/Single-Speed DXD
- MQA (Decoder) 384/352.8kHz
- Bluetooth Up to 96kHz
- Balanced 4.4mm
- Single-Ended 3.5mm
- USB-C charging. BC1.2 compliant up to 1900mA charging current
- Battery life varies based on use, headphones, and settings. Up to 8 hours in ideal conditions.
- Outputs Balanced 6.7V max. (variable), S-Bal (SE) 3.5V max. (variable)
- Balanced ≤200Ω , S-Bal (SE) ≤100Ω
- Balanced <110dB(A) @ 0dBFS
- S-Bal (SE) <110dB(A) @ 0dBFS
- Balanced <0.007% @ 0dBFS
- S-Bal (SE) <0.015% @ 0dBFS
- Outputs Balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn, S-Bal (SE) 3.5mm Single-Ended
- Output Power
- Balanced >1000mW @ 32Ω, >74mW @ 600Ω, >6.7V max. @ 600Ω
- S-Bal (SE) >320mW @ 32Ω, >40mW @ 300Ω, >3.5V max. @ 600Ω
- Output Impedance Balanced <1Ω, S-Bal (SE) <1Ω
- Output Impedance Balanced <116dB(A) @ 0dBFS, S-Bal (SE) <115dB(A) @ 0dBFS
- THD+N <0.005% (1V @ 16Ω)