Located outside Glasgow, in an area that's also home to Linn Products and Tannoy Ltd. — Fyne Audio got off to a fast start. Only three years after the company's 2017 founding, Fyne already has distribution deals in 50 countries and offers 24 products in seven series.
What is the secret of their success? There's a clue on the company's homepage, which claims "more than 200 years of experience" among Fyne employees: The founders are a core group of former senior managers from Tannoy Ltd.
Fyne Audio F501 Floorstanding Loudspeaker
"a broad, well-defined sound stage, solid stereo focus, and a lavish amount of detail. No nuance of Krall’s phrasing, no creak of the double-bass fretboard, no lingering decay of a piano note is ignored"
What Hi-Fi Award Winner read the review
- System Type - 2 ½ way, downwards firing port, with BassTraxTMTractrix diffuser. Twin cavity coupled reflex
- Recommended amplifier power (Watt RMS) - 35- 150
- Continuous power handling (Watt RMS) - 75
- Sensitivity (2.83 Volt @ 1m) - 90dB
- Nominal impedance - 8 Ohm
- Frequency response (-6dB typical in-room) - 36Hz- 34kHz
- Drive unit complement - 1 x 150mm IsoFlareTM, multi-fibre bass / mid with 25mm titanium dome compression tweeter 1 x 150mm multi-fibre bass
- Crossover frequency - 250Hz & 1.7kHz
- Crossover type - 2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass
- Dimensions - HxWxD - 984 x 270 x 318mm (38.7 x 10.6 x 12.5”)
- Weight - Each - 18.9kg (41.7lb)
- Finishes - Dark Oak / Black Oak / Piano Gloss Black / Piano Gloss White