Berkeley Audio Alpha Series 3 DAC
The Alpha DAC Series 3 uses advanced technology from the award winning Alpha DAC Reference Series 3 to provide sonic excellence never before possible at anywhere close to the price of the Alpha DAC Series 3.
Compare the Alpha DAC Series 3 with an Alpha USB noise isolation interface to any DAC available at any price and you will be amazed by their audio quality.
The Alpha DAC Series 3 replaces the Alpha DAC Series 2. However its audio quality and technology are much closer to the Alpha DAC Reference Series 3. The Alpha DAC Series 3 includes MQA Rendering capability.
Excellent PCM audio quality from 32kHz to 192kHz
Excellent MQA Rendering quality to beyond 384kHz
Ultra-low phase noise conversion clocking
Outputs can connect directly to power amplifiers
All metal Series 3 IR Remote Control
"You can think of the Alpha DAC Series 3 as a distillation of the Reference Series 3 in less expensive implementation. The Alpha series 3 has a superb resolution of low-level detail, three-dimensional soundstaging with the ability to hear very fine timbral and spatial information at the back of the hall, dense tone color, and outstanding clarity that allows you to hear individual instruments within the whole" Robert Harley The Absolute Sound September 2021
Compare the Alpha Series 3 to any DAC and just listen
- Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
- Input word length: 24-bit
- Ultra-low phase noise Precision Clocking at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates ± 100 ppm
- Two-channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced with pin 2 positive and RCA unbalanced
- Digital Inputs: AES - XLR, 110Ω; SPDIF1 - BNC, 75Ω; SPDIF2 - BNC, 75Ω; TOSLINK - Toslink optical connector
- MQA rendering automatically detects MQA Core decoded signals and performs MQA rendering to 384kHz and above
- HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
- Multiple digital filter options
- Balanced analog output level: +18dBu (6.15Vrms) maximum, +12dBu (3.1Vrms) or lower recommended
- Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
- Digital volume & balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step L/R gain trim, 60dB range
- Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
- Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
- THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
- Firmware is upgradeable through signal inputs
- Enclosure dimensions: 2.3”H X 16.7”W x 10.6”D
- Weight: 11.6 lbs.
- Mains power: 100/120/240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 25W
Audiofi is your Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC dealer in Vancouver, we ship in Canada