Sennheiser PXC550 II Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones
Sennheiser is without a doubt one of the most renowned names in the headphone business. The manufacturer, based near Hanover, Germany, caters to the professional, audiophile, and consumer sectors of the market. Since the end of 2016, the PXC550 over-ear model has been enjoying great popularity with consumers, and now a follow-up model is finally available.
Who should get the PXC55 II?
- Computers and air travelers will appreciate the compact nature of the PXC550-II and the good active noise canceling (ANC) performance.
- Remote workers should consider this high-value headset, again, for its ANC performance that blocks out noisy neighbors. The 20-hour battery life can get you through multiple workdays before requiring a recharge.
- Those who want audio performance above all else - these do not have the boosted bass of Beats or Jabra
What you will appreciate
- It's Light - only 225g
- Battery life is 20 hours plus
- Natural Sound
The PXC 550-II supports the latest Bluetooth 5 Codecs; SBC, aptX, aptX Low Latency, and AAC. AAC support is new to this headset line and benefits iPhone users because it cuts down on audio-visual lag when streaming video. AptX Low Latency is great for Android users who play plenty of mobile games and want to hear sound in real-time; it also benefits video streamers.
If you don’t want to deal with a ladle of Bluetooth codec alphabet soup, you can always resort to wired listening. Sennheiser provides a 2.5mm cable that terminates in a standard headphone jack for lossless audio playback. While the 2.5mm input may seem an odd choice, it saves space internally allowing more room for advanced ANC components and multiple microphones.
- Frequency range 17 – 23,000 Hz (-10db)
- Impedance Active: 490 ohm / Passive: 46 ohm
- Sensitivity 110 dbSPL (passive : 1 kHz/1V RMS)
- THD + N, total harmonic distortion and noise <0,5% @ 100 dBSPL / 1kHz
- Power supply 5.0 V DC, 330 mA
- Battery Specification - Built-in Lithium rechargeable battery
- Charging time- 3 hrs
- Battery time - 20 hrs (ANC + A2DP) 30 hrs (ANC + wired)
- Microphone MEMS
- Frequency response (Microphone) 50 – 10,000 Hz
- Microphone sensitivity -34 dBV/Pa
- Pick-up pattern 3 mic beamforming
- Bluetooth Bluetooth 5.0 compliant
- Transmission frequency 2400 MHz – 2483.5 MHz / GFSK, Pi/4DQPSK, 8DQPSK
- Supported operating systems A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Codecs SBC, aptX™, aptX™ Low Latency, AAC
- USB Standard micro-USB
- App support- Sennheiser Smart Control APP for iOS™ and Android™
- Operating temperature - 0°C – 55°C temp. / 10% - 80% humidity, non condensing
- Dimensions - Unfolded: 63 x 136 x 174 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight - 227 g