Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar
"Things get serious when enemy fighters emerge from the clouds, and the Sennheiser steps up a gear, filling the air with precisely placed machine gun fire. When an enemy fighter strafes the bomber, the Ambeo provides a brilliant, focused build up as the plane approaches then a huge, room-filling zoom as it flies by. The dynamics really are exceptional for a one-box device, as are the scale and spaciousness"
What Hi-Fi Award Winner - Best Soundbar
Sennheiser is without a doubt one of the most renowned names in Electronics. The manufacturer, based near Hanover, Germany, caters to the professional, audiophile, and consumer sectors of the market. Since the end of 2019, the AMBEO has been enjoying great popularity with consumers.
Who should get the AMBEO?
- Those who want audio performance above all else
- Who want to avoid complex wiring that component surround systems require
What you will appreciate
- Natural Sound
- Wireless app based music streaming
Providing the best 3D sound through virtualization
By capturing the characteristics of your living room and reflective surfaces, and using the latest virtualization technology developed with Fraunhofer, the AMBEO Soundbar from Sennheiser merges with the acoustics of your environment to create a 3D sound experience. The 13 independent drivers and the AMBEO technology work as virtual speakers, recreating a surround sound installation and placing you in the center of the action.
"There are already plenty of Dolby Atmos soundbars out there, but the Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar is different: it’s much more expensive, much bigger, and a fair bit fussier. But it’s also much better. In fact, it’s the best sounding soundbar we’ve tested"
Awards Winner 2021 What Hi-Fi - read the review
"You don’t get many soundbars at this price, so the Sennheiser Ambeo had better be something special. Thankfully it is, and this exceptional single-box solution delivers a big, bold, and detailed immersive audio experience, despite the absence of actual rear speakers. It doesn’t have a separate subwoofer (although you can add one) but is capable of amazingly deep bass. The steering of effects and sense of envelopment are also remarkable, and it can decode Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. In addition, the high-quality drivers ensure that everything from music to TV to movies all sound superb, while dialogue is delivered with crystal clarity"
Inputs HDMI x4, Optical, RCA line In
Audio format support Dolby Atmos, DTS:X
Wi-fi Yes - Chromecast works with Android and iPhone to send music or video
Dimensions (whd) 127 x 14 x 17cm (49 3/8" x 5 1/3" x 6 3/8")
- Number of channels- 5.1.4
- Speaker type
- 6 x 4" longthrow woofer, cellulose sandwich cone
- 5x 1" tweeter, aluminium dome tweeter
- 2x 3.5" fullrange driver (top-firing)
- Total number of speakers - 13
- Frequency response - 30 Hz to 20 kHz (-3 dB)
App support - Sennheiser Smart Control App
- 3x HDMI In (v.2.0a), 1x HDMI Out (v.2.1 eARC)
- 1x Optical In
- 1x AUX In (Stereo RCA)
- 1x USB (for Service/Update)
- 1x Ethernet
- 1x Subwoofer Pre-Out (Mono-RCA, max. 2V)
- 1x Mic Input (2.5mm jack)
- Google Chromecast
- Media (UPnP)
- WiFi Standard, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Supported audio formats/surround formats
- LPCM 2 Channel, LPCM 5.1 Channel, LPCM 7.1 Channel, DSD, MPEG-H
- Dolby Atmos - Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos - Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS 96/24, DTS-HD LBR, DTS:X
- approx. W x H x D 126.5 x 13.5 x 17.1 cm (49 3/8" x 5 1/3" x 6 3/8") incl. feet
- approx. W x H x D 126.5 x 12.5 x 17.1 cm (49 3/8" x 5" x 6 3/8") w/o feet
250W (Sinus), 500W (Peak) Standby Power Consumption: ECO Standby ON = 1.9W, ECO Standby OFF = 5.5W
Voltage - 100 – 240 V~ 50/60 Hz
Weight - approx. 18.5 kg