Immaculate with boxes and warranty
Q Acoustics Concept 50
Dissappearing trick. Q Acoustics has made the boxes dissappear by focusing on designing the quietest cabinet possible — one that is unaffected by internal and external vibrations. One of these innovations is the Gelcore cabinet construction which reduces higher-frequency cabinet noise. It consists of a non-setting gel sandwiched between two layers that works to dissipate high-frequency vibrations.
Listen. Instruments will appear to float in the room, free of the hollow boxiness assosiated by cabinets. Trailing edges of sounds will be subtle and detailed - the decay of piano notes surrounded by a glow leading into black silence.
Be amazed. Wave launch is incredibly fast. The pluck of a guitar, the tap on a cymbal is aided by the driver assembly that is mounted to the front aluminium baffle by pretensioned studs to provide an acoustic seal, with a ground-up mid/bass and tweeter design for more power handling. The high-frequency driver is completely hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (i.e. floating) from the front baffle, which should help prevent interference from the mid/bass driver. Lastly, the crossover design is mounted on an isolation base to minimise vibration interference. The result - incredible composure, an ability to keep instruments separate even on complex passages.
Put yourself in front of a pair. Get close to the performance.
"A while back I wrote that C$10,000/pair was becoming the sweet price spot for affordable tower speakers, offering excellent sound quality and measured performance without much in the way of compromise. The Q Acoustics Concept 50 lowers that sweet spot to C$4000/pair" John Atkinson - Stereophile - read the review
"I won't beat around the bush: these loudspeakers are an absolute blast. Most importantly, listening to the Concept 50 never had me wondering about the price tag – I was too busy enjoying myself"
read the review in HiFi News
The most acclaimed speakers from Britain right now
- Description: Two-way, reflex-loaded, floorstanding loudspeaker.
- Drive units: two 5" (125mm) plastic-cone woofers; 0.9" (25mm) fabric-dome tweeter.
- Crossover frequency: 2.1kHz.
- Frequency response: 42Hz–30kHz –6dB.
- Average impedance: 6 ohms.
- Minimum impedance: 3.6 ohms. Sensitivity: 90.5dB/2.83V/m.
- Distortion (120Hz–20kHz @ 2.83V RMS): <0.2%.
- Recommended amplifier power: 25–150W.
- Supplied accessories: foam port-blocking plugs, custom suspension system with stabilizer and carpet-piercing spikes.
- Dimensions: 40.4" (1025mm) H × 16.5" (418mm) W × 12.6" (319mm) D including spikes and stabilizer. Weight: 50.5lb (22.9kg) each.
- Finish: Gloss Black or Gloss White
- Warranty: 5 years.
Audiofi is your Q Acoustics Dealer in Vancouver, we ship free in Canada