Meet the NAD T 778 Surround Receiver
Time for change. NAD has taken their most popular 7.1.4
receiver design and improved every aspect of it.
The result is an incredibly refined product.
Virtually every AV receiver on the market is covered by a mass of buttons and knobs. Occasionally they might be lurking behind a front cover, but in the end, there's no escaping them. It's refreshing, then, to see the NAD T 778's front panel only featuring a volume dial and power switch, plus a large, color TFT touchscreen
Cinema connoisseurs will immediately see that the NAD T 778 receiver has been given a minimalist new design. NAD's mobile app puts control in your hands. The end result is quite impressive. The new design really provides a breath of fresh air compared to the staid receiver designs out there.
Great Sound Quality
The T 778 features the latest developments in NAD’s Hybrid Digital technology to create 9 high current/high power channels of amplification with improved efficiency.
Music streaming built-in
One of NAD's greatest assets is the Bluos platform. This allows you to stream your own files (even in hi-res) and from streaming services via a very user-friendly app.
Dolby Atmos Surround
Enjoy the latest in 7.1.4 Dolby® Atmos™, DTS® Master Audio combine with Dirac Live™ room correction to deliver hyper-realism that captures every dimension of a performance
Advances have come so quickly that most receivers are caught unable to pass 4K that today's sources require. The T 778 is second-to-none in terms of flexibility and up-to-the-minute digital technology. Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC) that lets you swap out the HDMI input board for future versions.
Have a stunning TV evening
Solid power (140 w/ch) provides enough for a thrilling movie experience. High slew rate amplifiers offer fast attack on transients and tighten up your bass. Advanced Dolby Atmos surround will separate sound images around you and put you in the action. The NAD's room correction helps overcome room acoustics and promises a seductive sound quality.
"the sound quality is superb, and there's enough power to easily drive nearly any speaker to cinema-like levels. When you add in Dirac Live room correction and BluOS streaming, it makes for an incredibly compelling package that will have you listening to and enjoying more of your favorite music. And while you shouldn't necessarily buy a receiver simply based on its cool-looking front panel, in this case it won't hurt any. Lastly, with its future-ready MDC chassis design, the T 778 might just be the last receiver you'll ever need"
read the review in Sound and Vision
- Amplifier Power140W ch (21.5dBW) 8 Ohms,170W ch (22.3dBW) 4 Ohms
- Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwidth at rated distortion) 9 x 85W
- IHF Dynamic Power 8 Ohms165W ch (22.2dBW), 280W ch (24.5dBW) 4 Ohms
- Total harmonic distortion at rated power <0.08%
- Damping factor >300 (20Hz-1kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input sensitivity and impedance 1.12Vrms (ref. 8 Ohms, VOL at 0dB)
- Frequency response +0.3/-0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/noise ratio >100dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)
- LINE INPUT x 3 RCA inputs Input sensitivity 245mVrms (ref. 2V)
- PHONO INPUT x 1 Input Sensitivity 6.2mVrms (ref. 2V)(ref. 20Hz – 20kHz
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 6 in, 2 out, including one front-panel input
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports 4K Ultra HD video pass-through
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp outputs for connecting optional external amplifiers
- Wi-Fi dongle and extension cable for wireless connection to your home network
- RS-232 and Ethernet port for use with optional 3rd-party automated control systems
- Dimension and Weight
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 435 x 140 x 430mm (Gross)*
- 17 3/16 x 5 9/16 x 16 15/16″**
- Net Weight 12.1kg (26.7lb)
- Shipping Weight 15.5kg (34.2lb)