Immaculate, with box and accessories
Musical Fidelity's Nu-Vista 800 integrated amplifier (US$12,999) outputs 330Wpc into 8 ohms. It's hefty, solidly constructed, weighs 86 lbs. The 800 combines in one chassis a preamplifier with four JAN 7586 nuvistor triodes—two per channel—in a buffer configuration, and a dual-mono solid-state power amplifier based on surface-mount printed circuit boards and five pairs of bipolar output transistors per channel.
read the review in Stereophile
- Hybrid integrated amplifier using both nuvistors and bipolar transistors.
- Tube complement: 4 JAN 7586.
- Inputs: 4 pairs unbalanced (RCA), 1 pair balanced (XLR).
- Line-level outputs: 1 pair fixed (RCA), 1 pair variable (RCA).
- Speaker connections: 2 pairs 4mm banana plug/binding posts.
- Output power: 330Wpc into 8 ohms (25.2dBW).
- Output voltage: 52V RMS, 20Hz–20kHz; onset of clipping, 147V peak–peak.
- Damping factor: 200. THD+N (typical): <0.005%, 20Hz–20kHz.
- Signal/noise: >107dB, A-weighted.
- Input impedance: 40k ohms. Frequency response: 10Hz–30kHz, +0/–0.1dB.
- Power consumption: <0.5W (standby), 130W (on, idle), 900W (maximum).
- Dimensions: 18.8" (483mm) W by 7.3" (187mm) H by 19.9" (510mm) D. Weight: 85.8 lbs (39kg) net, 103.4 lbs (47kg) shipping.
- Finish: Silver
- Price new 2015: US$12,999
- Included - box, remote, power chord