store demo sale - with warranty
Monitor Audio Silver 50
Monitor Audio recognise that the first thing our brain latches on to is the high frequencies - and they brought their expensive ceramic aluminum tweeter to this series. The result is a suave rendition. For the most part there are no rough edges here. This is a carefully-honed pair of speakers that brim with refinement
There’s texture to instruments, and space within the mix for the reverbs that dictate much of the atmosphere. While nailing a recording’s ambience is high on the Silvers’ 'to-do' list, at no point do we feel we’re sacrificing resolution: these are very much the hi-fi speakers Monitor Audio promised.
Monitor Audio enlisted the help of the National Physical Laboratory (based in Teddington) to design the handcrafted cabinets.
A precision laser scanner from the NPL was used to identify cabinet resonances, and then help position internal bracings more accurately to ensure rigidity and minimise any colorations.
Powerful magnets in the nimble Silver 50 stand-mount loudspeaker drive large, 32 mm voice coils to ensure impressive power handling and incredibly low distortion. Design criteria ensure that the Silver 50 will make the most of smaller living spaces by being placed close to a wall and yet still deliver clean, punchy bass. You will only hear well-balanced, pure mid-range without ever a hint of box coloration.
Strategic cabinet bracing and Monitor Audio’s bolt-through technology creates an amazingly solid speaker. Not only can it play louder and cleaner than its size suggests, it delivers an incredibly well balanced, pure mid-range for a gloriously natural sound.
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 4.1 ohms @ 220 Hz
- Maximum SPL - 110 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements 40 – 100 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - 3.0 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement
- 1 x 51/4" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver
- 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 10 5/8 x 6 1/2 x 9 7/16"
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 10 5/8 x 6 1/2 x 10 9/16"
- Weight (each) - 6 kg (13 lb 4 oz)
- Warranty: 5 years parts and labor against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship only.
Audiofi is your Monitor Audio dealer in Vancouver, we ship free in Canada