Monitor Audio Gold 200
The Gold 200 delivers so much of what you value in a speaker — speed, transparency, low-level detail, 3D imaging, and a deep, wide soundstage that extends way outside the physical boundaries of the speakers.
Ribbon Style Tweeter
Starting with the tweeter, it's called 'ditching the dome' and replacing it with a ribbon-style driver. Monitor Audio's own MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) design with a low mass, well-damped diaphragm delivers a wider frequency response, the crossover being centred on 2.5kHz, and with a claimed upper limit of 50kHz/–6dB.
Created from lightweight alloy, these drivers are strengthened and stiffened even further using a dimpled RST cone surface. The cone also takes the form of a continuous radiating dish, eliminating the central voice-coil opening and dust cap to allow a longer voice coil and larger motor to sit behind the cone. This more efficient assembly provides greater drive force, longer excursions, and lower distortion, for cleaner, more extended and accurate mid range definition.
New Long Throw Woofers
In the engine room are two 6 1/2"woofers with large diameter magnets, 50mm voice coils and optimised poles all designed for higher power handling, mounted in a diecast aluminium chassis for rigidity and damping, Nomex honeycomb cores, and woven carbon fiber back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well-damped
" I think the Gold 200 could hold its own against speakers costing up to three times as much" read the review Soundstage HiFi
"The Gold 300s were a consistent delight on a wide range of program material. Yes, they're expensive, but in today's high-end loudspeaker market you can spend a lot more and get much less."
- Thomas J. Norton, Stereophile, Nov. 2019
"...as good as systems get in this price range... the performance you get for your expenditure is just incredible."
- Doug Blackburn, Widescreen Review, Nov. 2019 (Gold 200AV system)
"Superb balance of detail, grunt and refinement.""...the best of the entrants I have so far tried. For this reason, the Monitor Audio comes Highly Recommended."
- Ed Selley, AVForums.com, Feb. 2019 (Gold 100)
- 3-way Speaker design
- 2 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
- 1 x 21/2" C-CAM midrange driver
- 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 35 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) 88 dB
- Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 3.4 Ohms @ 1 kHz
- Maximum SPL 114 dBA (Pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) 200 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements 80 – 200 W
- Bass Alignment Bass Reflex Dual HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency L.F/ M.F: 650 Hz M.F/ H.F: 3.5 kHz
Dimensions: 37.38" H x 7.06" W x 13" D Including Outrigger Feet and Spikes 39.25" H x 11.13" W x 15.25" D
- Weight (each): 21.86 kg (48 lb 2 oz)
- Warranty Five years