Monitor Audio Gold 100
The Gold 100 delivers so much of what you value in a speaker — speed, transparency, low-level detail, 3D imaging, and a deep, wide soundstage that extends way outside the physical boundaries of the speakers.
Ribbon Style Tweeter
Starting with the tweeter, it's called 'ditching the dome' and replacing it with a ribbon-style driver. Monitor Audio's own MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) design with a low mass, well-damped diaphragm delivers a wider frequency response, the crossover being centred on 2.5kHz, and with a claimed upper limit of 50kHz/–6dB.
A New Long Throw Woofer
In the engine room is a 6 1/2"woofer with a large diameter magnet, a 50mm voice coil and optimised pole all designed for higher power handling, the whole being mounted in a diecast aluminium chassis for rigidity and damping.
"This is a fantastically detailed performer, anxious to tell you everything about what is happening in a recording" AV forums
"These speakers are so well integrated that it almost seems to be forcing a point to single out particular areas in which they excel, but it would be remiss not to highlight the quality of that MPD treble driver. Not only does it give an impression of pin-point image focus, across a wider than usual listening area, but it also sounds open and airy without ever straying into forwardness.
That blend of sweet treble and an explicit delineation of space and air is exceptionally attractive, and never more so than in a set featuring a single instrument recorded in a real space" HiFi News
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 40 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 2.8 Ohms @ 3.4 kHz
- Maximum SPL - 110 dBA (Pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 60 – 120 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass Reflex
- HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement
- 1 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
- 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))
- 360 x 195 x 330.6 mm (143/16 x 711/16x 13")
- Weight (each) - 9.12 kg (20 lb 2 oz)
- Warranty - 5 years
Audiofi is your Monitor Audio Gold 100 dealer - we ship free in Canada