bought less than 3 months ago - immaculate - the customer is upgrading - complete with the original box
McIntosh MC-312 Power Amplifier
Prepare yourself for years and years of musical enjoyment with the MC312 Power Amplifier. A 300 Watt per channel stereo amplifier, the MC312 is a great choice to power virtually any home audio system. The full 300 Watts can be delivered to almost any speaker regardless if they have 2, 4, or 8 Ohm impedance thanks to our unique Autoformer™ technology.
"Right off the bat, the gear sounded like all the classic McIntosh gear I remember. Despite being solid state, McIntosh has this unique sound that is more reminiscent of tubes than transistors. Don’t get me wrong–the McIntosh C49 and MC312 do not sound like tubes. They have all the frequency extension you would expect from solid state and ruler flat frequency response. But they have colorations that most solid state electronics do not have, and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
The C49 and MC312 are not ruthlessly accurate; like I said they have a subtle warmth they add to the music. It’s really quite pleasing. I’m not sure if it’s the autoformers they use, the circuit design, or something else"
read the review in Part Time Audiophile
- Power Output per Channel - 300 Watts @ 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels - 2
- Total Harmonic Distortion - 0.005%
- S/N Balanced: 120dB Unbalanced: 118dB
- Dynamic Headroom 2.3dB
- Damping Factor >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel, handles, and cables)
- Unit Weight 105 lbs (47.63 kg)
- Shipping Weight 138 lbs (62.59 kg)