In Immaculate condition with remote and box
Marantz PM KI Ruby
"sonic performance that invites comparison on an absolute scale" Stereophile
An anniversary gift for audiophiles
Engineer Ken Ishiwata celebrated his 40 years of excellence at Marantz by designing this versatile, elegant, and powerful amplifier. The Marantz PM-KI Ruby generates 100 watts x 2 channels, and it's 4-ohm stable, so it can drive a wide range of speakers well. It features a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp. Selected components are used in circuits, and Copper chassis components provide a low impedance ground plane for low noise and distortion.
This amp is a dream for analog-loving audiophiles. There are six stereo RCA audio inputs on the back, including a phono input for use with moving coil or moving magnet cartridges. There's also a switch that lets you choose whether the amp will be used in basic stereo mode, or with a second PM-KI Ruby to bi-amp compatible speakers. The amp's preamplifier stage provides exceptional sound quality and performance, thanks to proprietary HDAM® SA3 circuitry.
"Marantz's Ken Ishiwata was given carte blanche to design an integrated amplifier, the only “limitation” being a US$3500–$4000 price point. Thus was born the KI Signature bearing the signature moniker and offered in a limited edition: two thousand units. He is well known for including long, patient, and detailed listening as an integral, indeed determinative part of product development, perhaps the signature models indicate a more personal involvement with less delegation at the various stages of any given project or simply a more subjective voicing of the sound, about which more anon. That might explain why these latest Signatures now sport Ishiwata’s actual signature laser-engraved on the top edge of the thick faceplate of each unit together with a red LED to symbolize the ruby. Ritz and glitz? No doubt, but inasmuch as Ishiwata is one of the rare Asian designers to have attained celebrity guru status—Marantz long ago gave him the formal title of “Brand Ambassador”—those who buy the KI Rubies will doubtless value the ornament"
"all of superlative performance, plus quality of build, parts, manufacturing, and workmanship that cannot be faulted. While at $3999 they cannot be considered inexpensive, in the increasingly lunatic world of high-end audio pricing they certainly represent amazing value when you figure their sonic performance invites comparison on an absolute scale and leaves virtually nothing to be desired."
read the review in The Absolute Sound
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp
- high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM® SA3 technology
- signal-to-noise ratio: 107 dB
- phono signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB with MM cartridge, 75 dB with MC cartridge
- Marantz FCBS (Floating Control Bus System) lets you link and control up to three subordinate Ruby amps
- laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif
- remote control included
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with moving coil or moving magnet cartridges)
- stereo RCA preamp input and selectable "Power Amp" mode for connecting a separate preamplifier
- 2 stereo RCA audio outputs
- 3.5mm input/output for FCBS
- single RCA input/output for control of compatible Marantz components
- 1 pair of binding post speaker connectors
- 17-3/8"W x 5"H x 17-7/8"D
- weight: 34.6 lbs.