The Luxman is about transparency, allowing you to get close to the moment the recording was done, being in the room with the musician, getting intimate with the effortless detail, especially micro-detail. Muscular when it needs to be, bringing the scale of instruments into focus. Tight bass, never forceful, just lively, bringing the launch of a sudden pressure wave of air as a drum is struck into your room as if you were present the day the recording was done.
Inside the amplifier - the first stage of amplification
The challenge is to preserve delicacy while being able to handle large dynamic swings.
The pre-amp output stage is able to drive the signal with enhanced current supply capacity. The clarity of the audio signal is protected, while at the same time, the driving force-fed through to the power amplifier stage is significantly increased. The power and reproduction capability of the L-505uXII achieves overwhelming scale sensitivity and a sharpness on start-up that cannot be achieved by conventional pre-amplifiers.
Enhanced high capacity power supply
The power supply of the L-507uXII consists of a highly regulated EI core type power transformer, with four large capacity 10,000μF blocking capacitors which it says creates a highly stable power supply. This ensures an immediate, constant, and stable current supply. Dynamic ‘swings’ in music require plenty of current especially at higher volumes, and Luxman has left no stone unturned concerning the power supply here.
An abundance of user-friendly functions
The L-507uXII is equipped with a high-quality phono preamplifier that is compatible with MM and MC cartridges supporting full analog reproduction. This model offers all the functions that a high-quality pre-main amplifier should offer such as bass/treble tone controls that can be bypassed, and headphone output to name a few.
"The Luxman L-507uXII integrated amplifier is the most robustly-constructed, and dare I say it, beautiful integrated amplifier that I've had in my system. With its myriad of features, tone controls and onboard phono stage, the L-507uXII is tailor-made for audiophiles who refuse to forego convenience for great sound. And what sound—the Luxman strikes that most elusive balance of transparency and musicality, successfully melding superior detail retrieval with a warmth and smoothness that encourages long listening sessions. While not inexpensive, the L-507uXII integrated amplifier nevertheless has to be considered a stone-cold bargain when its extensive feature set and class-leading sonics are taken into account. Well done, Luxman." read the review
- Rated output - 110W + 110W (8Ω), 210W + 210W (4Ω)
- Input sensitivity/input impedance PHONO (MM): 2.5mV/47kΩ, PHONO (MC): 0.3mV/100Ω, LINE: 180mV/47kΩ, BAL.LINE: 180mV/55kΩ, MAIN-IN: 1.05V/47kΩ
- Frequency Response - PHONO: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.5dB)
LINE: 20Hz to 100kHz (within -3dB)
- Output voltage - REC OUT: 180mV, PRE-OUT: 1V
- Total harmonic distortion - 0.007% or less (8Ω, 1kHz), 0.08% or less (8Ω, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N ratio (IHF-A) - PHONO (MM): 91dB or more, PHONO (MC): 75dB or more, LINE: 105dB or more
- Output configuration - Bipolar 3-parallel push-pull
- Damping factor - 260
- Max. amount of tone control BASS: ±8dB at 100Hz, TREBLE: ±8dB at 10kHz
- Power supply 115V~(60Hz)
- Power consumption - 350W, 86W (under no signal), 0.4W (at standby)
- External dimensions 440(W) x 178(H) x 454(D) mm, front side knob of 20mm and rear side terminal of 27mm included in depth
- Net weight - 25.0kg (main unit)
- Accessories - Remote control (RA-17A), Power cable
Audiofi is your Luxman Vancouver Dealer. We offer free shipping in Canada