iFi Diablo DAC
'Bit-perfectly’ wicked DAC for Stereo Systems
Time for Evolution. The iFi Diablo takes DAC design to the highest level so that your investment in Amplifier and Speakers can be fully realised.
We use two Burr-Brown DAC chips and the new 16-core XMOS chip to process the data received via the USB and S/PDIF digital inputs.
This means the iDSD Diablo can handle up to PCM 768, DSD 512, 2xDXD. Both PCM and DSD remain ‘bit-perfect’.
It also provides full MQA decoding! Check out our MQA set-up tutorial (using the highly acclaimed NEO) for Tidal, Roon and Audirvana here.
No better way to listen to Headphones
The iDSD Diablo, with its sleek new design and fiery red finish, sits proudly at the top of our range of portable/transportable DAC/amps. It is built for purists – the true headphone enthusiasts who crave pure, unadulterated sonic performance.
Just like a racing car designed for uncompromising speed, the iDSD Diablo sets aside sonic tailoring as well as Bluetooth connectivity to focus on pure sonic power. Prepare for a riveting ride as it will drive any headphone on the planet with aplomb.
iDSD Diablo I Trusted Reviews – 5 stars“Thrillingly direct, informative and musical sound”“Remarkable speed and control of its transient response”“Utterly convincing, natural tonality that sounds immediately and intrinsically correct”“From the (gratifyingly deep) bottom of the frequency range to the (startlingly extended) top, the iFi sounds natural, believable and, well, flat-out musical”“Remarkable powers of analysis, impeccable tonality, dynamism to spare”“The iFi iDSD Diablo can turn even the most humble laptop into a accomplished source of music”“The iFi iDSD Diablo is a mighty achievement”
Stereophile at the Montreal Audio Show
In covering the Lemay Audio system worth US$260,000, Stereophile comes with a sweet story and a giant killer - the DAC in the system is an iFi Diablo, retail price US$1300. François, who has tried $20,000+ DACs and fancy R2R ones, swears by it. Crazy, right?
- Digital Inputs - USB 3.0 type 'A' (USB2.0 compatible) - S-PDIF (3.5mm coaxial/optical)
- Formats supported
- Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz)
- Double/Single-Speed DXD
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/
- 96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz)
- MQA (Decoder)
- Frequency Response 10Hz-80kHz
- Signal to Noise - Balanced 120dB – Single Ended 114dB
- Dynamic range – Balanced 120dB – Single Ended 114dB
- THD + N – Balanced .002% – Single Ended 114dB .001%
- Headphone Max Output - Balanced 19.2V/611 mW (@ 600 Ohm) – Single Ended >12.6V/4,980 mW (@ 32 Ohm) >9.6V/153 mW (@ 600 Ohm) >8.8V/2,417 mW (@ 32 Ohm)
- Fixed Audio Output - Balanced 4.4mm cable to Stereo Amplifiers (included)
- Power consumption – Turbo 12W Normal 5W Eco 2W
- Battery - Lithium-polymer 4800mAh
- Power System - Charging via USB-C (iFi iPower included)
- BC V1.2 compliant up to 1900mA charging current
- Dimensions - 166 x 72 x 25 mm 6.5" x 2.8"x 1.0"
- Weight 330g (0.73 lbs)
- Warranty period - 12 months