The Luxman is about transparency, allowing you to get close to the moment the recording was done, being in the room with the musician, getting intimate with the effortless detail, especially micro-detail. Muscular when it needs to be, bringing the scale of instruments into focus. Tight bass, never forceful, just lively, bringing the launch of a sudden pressure wave of air as a drum is struck into your room as if you were present the day the recording was done.
Inside the amplifier - the first stage of amplification
The challenge is to preserve delicacy while being able to handle large dynamic swings.
The pre-amp output stage is able to drive the signal with enhanced current supply capacity. The clarity of the audio signal is protected, while at the same time, the driving force-fed through to the power amplifier stage is significantly increased. The power and reproduction capability of the L-505uXII achieves overwhelming scale sensitivity and a sharpness on start-up that cannot be achieved by conventional pre-amplifiers.
Enhanced high capacity power supply
The power supply of the L-509x consists of a highly regulated EI core type power transformer, with four large capacity 40,000μF blocking capacitors which it says creates a highly stable power supply. This ensures an immediate, constant, and stable current supply. Dynamic ‘swings’ in music require plenty of current especially at higher volumes, and Luxman has left no stone unturned concerning the power supply here.
An abundance of user-friendly functions
The L-509x is equipped with a high-quality phono preamplifier that is compatible with MM and MC cartridges supporting full analog reproduction. This model offers all the functions that a high-quality pre-main amplifier should offer such as bass/treble tone controls that can be bypassed, and headphone output to name a few.
Stereophile Recommended Component 2021"Stunning"
"Record after record, the L-509X illuminated every important aspect and area of the recording. It lived and breathed in the air around the notes, consistently creating big, solid, spatially natural images." And even though KM never really warmed to using its tone controls—though he admired the "very smooth, finely graded" adjustments they provided—he concluded that the L-509X was "one of the most intimate-sounding, dynamic, texturally nuanced, truthful purveyors of music of my experience." Writing from his lab, JA found that the L-509X "comfortably exceeded" its output-power specs, and declared the amp "a conservatively engineered design, with low noise and distortion and an excellent phono stage."
"Sammy Hagar once said in a song, “There’s only one way to rock,” but after listening to the new Luxman L-509x, I beg to differ"
"warmth and vitality come together to create a truly exciting presentation, the soundstage broad, deep and detailed, the presence and ambience almost uncanny, and the dynamics so wide open that one could easily forget all the machinery involved between performance and the listening experience"
read the review in HiFi News
- Rated output - 120W + 120W (8Ω), 220W + 220W (4Ω)
- Input sensitivity/input impedance - PHONO (MM): 2.5mV/47kΩ, PHONO (MC): 0.3mV/100Ω, LINE: 180mV/47kΩ, BAL.LINE: 180mV/55kΩ, MAIN-IN: 1.1V/47kΩ
- Output voltage - REC OUT: 180mV, PRE-OUT: 1V
- Frequency response - PHONO: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.5dB), LINE: 20Hz to 100kHz (within -3dB)
- Total harmonic distortion - 0.007% or less (8Ω, 1kHz), 0.06% or less (8Ω, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N ratio (IHF-A) - PHONO (MM): 91dB or more, PHONO (MC): 75dB or more, LINE: 105dB or more
- Output configuration - Bipolar 4-parallel push-pull
- Damping factor - 370
- Max. amount of tone control - BASS: ±8dB at 100Hz, TREBLE: ±8dB at 10kHz
- Power supply -115V~(60Hz)
- Power consumption - 380W, 150W (under no signal), 0.5W (at standby)
- External dimensions - 440(W) x 193(H) x 463(D) mm (front side knob of 20mm and rear side terminal of 37mm included in depth)
- Net weight - 29.3kg (main unit)
- Accessories Remote control (RA-17A), Power cable
Audiofi is your Luxman Vancouver Dealer. We offer free shipping in Canada