The essence of the Elite-20 PF i is Furman's unique Power Factor Technology. For the first time, low-level analog, digital, and video components are not modulated or distorted by the power amplifier's extreme AC current demands. Further, the power amplifier is fed a highly filtered, extremely low-impedance supply of AC power.
Furman Elite-20 PFi Power Conditioner
Advanced protection against catastrophic surges
Instead of utilizing MOVs (metal oxide varistors) which attempt to shunt a surge to the ground wire, Furman is using what’s known as series mode surge protection. What this means is that a large inductor is placed in series with the load, which acts to smooth a spike over time, allowing it to then be absorbed by a capacitor bank and slowly released onto the neutral line. The big benefits to series mode protection are a lack of ground contamination (which is important for data transmission in the IT world), and the fact that theysacrificial devices like most cheap strips which only works for one surge event then they are done. We note the Elite-20 PFi is certified by Intertek, which is an OSHA-certified NRTL (nationally recognized testing lab). Many competitor power conditioners often have no safety or regulatory certification at all.
Advanced noise filtering
To maximize the performance of your system, Furman includes exclusive technologies developed to filter AC borne noise to meet the extreme demands of professional recording, film, and broadcast studios
Power Factor turbo charges your amplifier
Elite-20 sports one feature that Furman is calling Power Factor Technology. In short, the Elite-20 PFi can store a surplus of up to 55 amps of peak charge for your amplifier, which could theoretically give it greater peak output capability
- SMP provides the highest level of protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- E.V.S. protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry protects critical digital components
- Power Factor Technology provides over 55 Amps peak charge surplus current for power-starved amplifiers
- Ultrasonic bi-filtering isolates digital and video circuits from analog components
- Retractable LED lamps illuminate a cabinet or rack full of equipment
- Detachable module for telco surge suppression and 3 pairs of cable / satellite TVSS isolated F-connectors
- 12 Volt triggering for remote control
- Outlets: 1 (ultra-linear filtered outlet - front panel); 8 (ultra-linear filtered outlets with additional bi-directional ultrasonic filtering for each analog or video components bank); 4 (power factor corrected amplifier outlets – 4 amps RMS reserve - resistive load - over 55 amps peak charge)
- Dimensions: 4” H x 17” W x 14.75” D (Standard 2 RU height without feet)
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- Power Consumption: 12 Watts for display and control circuits independent of actual load.
- Safety Agency Listing: NRTL-C (pending)
Sold by Audiofi, we ship free in Canada