Elac Uni-fi 2.0 UB52
Designed by Andrew Jones
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
ELAC has kept much of what made the original Uni-Fi Series so cool, including a concentric driver array that places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver. This precise alignment creates a "unified source," ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, producing more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with version 2.0?
The Uni-Fi 2.0 Series features all-new drivers. The UB52's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous series, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" aluminum midrange. And the 5-1/4" aluminum woofer sports a dished cone made from a single piece of aluminum, for better stiffness. The woofer's new cone, oversized magnet, and large-diameter voice coil allow improved bass accuracy and dynamics.
- true 3-way bookshelf speaker design
- custom-designed concentric driver with 4" aluminum cone midrange and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, accurate mids and highs
- newly designed 5-1/4" woofer with dished aluminum cone
- frequency response: 46-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated crossover ensures linear response and smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet with front-firing ports
- thick MDF enclosures with internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable cloth grilles
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 7-5/16"W x 13-5/8"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 18.26 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years