200 watts per channel into 8 ohms
With power output conservatively rated at 0.2% total harmonic distortion plus noise, doubling to 400 watts into 4 ohms, the Inspiration STEREO 1.0 has enough power to drive practically any speaker to maximum volume without audible distortion.
Balanced bridged design from Hercules and Centaur
The Inspiration STEREO 1.0 uses a modular, fully balanced design with only N-type output transistors, instead of half N-type and half P-type as found in almost all other solid-state amplifiers. Thus, the positive and negative halves of the audio signal are maintained in ideal balance and the subtlest of musical details are preserved.
Line Stage Gain Module
Incoming signals are treated to our Line Stage Gain Module circuitry, which uses servo circuits to achieve essentially perfect balance between the positive and negative haves of the audio signal. If a Constellation Audio preamplifier is used, this input stage may be bypassed through use of the Inspiration STEREO 1.0's Constellation Direct balanced input.
Fully discrete circuitry
As with our other amplifiers, we use only discrete components in the Inspiration STEREO 1.0's audio circuits.
Ultra-smooth, high-current power supply
A large, custom-wound toroidal transformer feeds a bank of 24 capacitors rated at 10,000 microfarads each, assuring that the Inspiration STEREO 1.0's output stages have more than enough current to deliver their rated power with ease -- and enough dynamic output to achieve concert-sound levels, if your speakers are up to it.
No output filters required
The inherent stability of our Balanced Bridged design allows us to dispense with the Zobel output filter network many amplifiers require to maintain reliable operation.
Shortest possible signal path
by placing the transformer at the front of the Inspiration STEREO 1.0 and moving the output stages to the rear, we ensure the shortest possible signal path and very low output impedance.
Shielded enclosure for power supply
To minimize interaction of the transformer's electromagnetic fields with the audio circuits, we place the transformer in its own enclosure and shield it with thick aluminum plates. A special shielded channel carries the AC voltage from the power input to the power supply enclosure.
- Inputs - 1 Constellation Direct XLR, 1 standard balanced XLR, 1 unbalanced RCA
- Outputs - metal binding posts
- Power output
- 200 watts, 8 ohm (1 kHz @ 1% THD+N)
- 400 watts, 4 ohm (1 kHz @ 1% THD+N)
- Gain - 14dB Constellation Direct, 26 dB Balanced & RCA
- Output noise <70 ?V, 500 kHz BW, -116 dB @ 250 watts
- Damping factor (8Ω load) - 80
- THD+N <0.05%, 1 kHz @ up to 90% of rated power
- Frequency response - 10 Hz to 80 kHz, +0/-0.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio >-95 dB, A-weighted
- Input impedance (direct) - 100K Ω
- Input impedance (balanced) - 100K Ω
- Input impedance (single-ended) - 100K Ω
- Output impedance - 0.1 ohm
- Weight - 80 lbs / 36.3 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D) - 17" x 8.5" x 19" - 43.2cm x 21.6cm x 48.3cm
- Product Manual
- Product Sheet