The Clearaudiom Reference Jubliee contains all the design elements of precision turntables and adds super quiet magnetic levitation bearing.
The result is an incredible refined product.Made in Bavaria, Germany it is close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production:- The Universal radial tonearm may look beautifully minimalistic, yet beneath its sleek design you’ll find a wealth of workmanship and a raft of smart details.
Drawing on engineering tricks from the finest watchmakers, it features a high-precision, low friction jeweled bearing, judiciously crafted from tungsten and sapphire. The carbon tonearm tube is both extremely rigid and very lightweight, giving a perfect combination of stability and agility.
The Reference Jubliee's main composite chassis sandwiches a Panzerholz layer between two massive anodized aluminum plates that creates a immensely stiff constrained layer sandwich. Panzerholz is a dense, heavily processed wood that’s very strong (bullet proof, apparently) and an effective damping agent. Inside the Panzerholz you will find 100,000 tiny stainless steel balls that add mass and control vibration. The result is a foundation for the tonearm that is free of resonance, and preserves dynamics and transients.
Together these ingredients make for a well-behaved, strong, low-resonance platform for the rest of the components to work from.
Clearaudio's patented Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB) is the result of long-term research and development.
Two opposing magnetic fields are perfectly aligned one on top of the other, thereby rejecting each other. The magnetic fields are completely shielded from the outside through the careful application of very sophisticated materials. A high precision ceramic vertical shaft fits perfectly into a bronze bearing. This perfect fit is essential and can only be achieved through the highest precision hand polishing.
High-performance synthetic oil is used for lubrication. The combination of these carefully selected components produces the effect of the turntable platter effectively floating on an air cushion, rather than on a ball bearing or bearing point.
The result of this technology? One of the lowest levels of friction in turntable bearing design, previously unreached rumble measurements and an unbeatable new standard in speed accuracy.
- A 50mm thick acrylic platter rests on this bearing; it doesn’t need a mat. Why? Because the physical characteristics of acrylic are close to vinyl – so resonances bouncing around inside the record find an easy path into the platter, where they are damped away.
"The Reference Jubilee's sound combined vivid detail retrieval, forceful dynamics, a delicate, refined top end, and a translucent midrange. Levels of resolution, clarity, transparency and trueness-to-source left me vinyl-shocked and thinking, "So that's what's on this recording?" The effect was startling"
"Records as close as family produced music with unexpected corporeality, memory-inducing chills, and senses-altering surprises, more than I realized was possible with reproduced music. Records surrendered their secrets, their inner lives, their time-secured, soul-charged beauty"
"I didn't just hear more music; I heard more life force, a deeper recorded experience. The Reference Jubilee, Universal Tonearm, and Jubilee MC cartridge combined staggering detail, energy, and forward-flow allied to a 3D stage that was large, deep, and transparent. The music it made was profound and life-affirming"
"This is the quietest turntable I've ever heard. Silences weren't black—nonexistent. They were simply the empty space surrounding the musicians. Music reproduced via the Reference Jubilee became a reverential thing"
read the review Stereophile
The Clearaudio Reference Jubilee wins Product of the Year by Stereophile
- Three-speed, belt-drive turntable with 9" Clearaudio Universal carbon-fiber tonearm.
- Turntable: Plinth made of aluminum and laminated Panzerholz wood.
- Speeds - 33 1/3, 45, and 78rpm speeds with Optical Speed Control.
- Speed accuracy (measured): ±0.05%.
- 24V DC motor suspended via 18 O-rings.
- Inverted Clearaudio Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB).
- 1.97" (50mm), 11.2lb (5.1kg) POM platter and 0.59" (15mm) stainless steel dynamically balanced subplatter.
- Silicon rubber elastomeric belt.
- Power consumption: 5W.
- Tonearm (included): Aluminum (black/silver), stainless steel with carbon-fiber armtube (black/silver).
- Cartridge balance range: 2.9–24.8gm.
- Overhang: 17mm.
- Total length: 345mm.
- Effective length: 239mm.
- Pivot-to-spindle distance: 222mm.
- Offset angle: 24.89°.
- Internal wiring: 1.1m Clearaudio Sixstream Super Wire, DIN terminated.
- Dimensions: 19.49" (495mm) W × 13.50" (343mm) D × 6.30" (160mm) H (with tonearm base but without tonearm).
- Weight: 48lb (22kg, without tonearm or power supply).
Sold by Audiofi, we ship free in Canada