Clearaudio Innovation Compact Turntable with TT5 Linear Tonearm
The Clearaudio Innovation contains all the design elements of precision turntables and adds super quiet magnetic levitation bearing.
The result is an incredible refined product.Made in Bavaria, Germany it is close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production:
- The Tonearm is a major refinement. The Clearaudio TT5 parallel tracking tonearm has the least distortion of all tonearms because the tracking error is minimized to practically zero. The cartridge stylus reads the two groove walls at the same time without any delay. Sounds arrive in sync, and without distortion and phase delay. Your soundstage and imaging will improve noticeably.
No matter how hard they try, radial tonearms all have tracking distortion shown in this graph below;
The Clearaudio TT5 tracks perfectly in line with the grooves. This isn't the first parallel tracking tonearm, but it is probably the best made, most reliable, and easiest to use.
- The Innovation's composite chassis sandwiches a Panzerholtz wood core between two massive anodized aluminum plates that creates a immensely stiff constrained layer sandwich. The result is a foundation for the tonearm that is free of resonance, and preserves dynamics and transients.- The powerful high torque DC motor with precision bearings is mounted to the main chassis. They drive a 70mm thick dymanically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM) platter with weighted rim, supported by Clearaudio’s patented CMB. A precision optical speed control ensures perfect speed.
- Clearaudio's patented Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB) is the result of long-term research and development.
Two opposing magnetic fields are perfectly aligned one on top of the other, thereby rejecting each other. The magnetic fields are completely shielded from the outside through the careful application of very sophisticated materials. A high precision ceramic vertical shaft fits perfectly into a bronze bearing. This perfect fit is essential and can only be achieved through the highest precision hand polishing.
High-performance synthetic oil is used for lubrication. The combination of these carefully selected components produces the effect of the turntable platter effectively floating on an air cushion, rather than on a ball bearing or bearing point.
The result of this technology? One of the lowest levels of friction in turntable bearing design, previously unreached rumble measurements and an unbeatable new standard in speed accuracy.
- A 70mm thick acrylic platter rests on this bearing; it doesn’t need a mat. Why? Because the physical characteristics of acrylic are close to vinyl – so resonances bouncing around inside the record find an easy path into the platter, where they are damped away.
|CONSTRUCTION DETAILS||Resonance–optimized chassis shape, made of laminated wood and aluminum with precision CNC machined surface.
|SPEED RANGES||Comfortable speed change
33 ⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
|BEARING||Clearaudio CMB ceramic magnetic bearing in main platter / upper drive platter assembly. Inverted bearing in lower drive platter.|
|PLATTER||70 mm / 2.75-inch main platter, made out of synthetic material with high density and excellent dimension stability, dynamically balanced|
|SPEED ACCURACY (MEASURED)||< ± 0.08 %|
|DEVIANCE OF THE SET VALUE||± 0.01 %|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Max. consumption: 9.3 Watt
Consumption in operation: 2.5 Watt
Standby mode: 2.5 Watt
Off mode: 0.0 Watt
|TOTAL WEIGHT||Approx. 12 kg (without tonearm and power supply)|
|DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in inches)||Approx. 18.11 x 19.09 x 6.18 (with tonearm base, without tonearm)|
|DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in mm)||Approx. 460 x 485 x 157 (with tonearm base, without tonearm)|
* Provided the warranty card is fully completed and returned to Clearaudio within 2 weeks of purchase.
Audiofi is a Clearaudio dealer in Vancouver and Canada, we ship free in Canada