Clearaudio Concept Black Turntable with Satisfy Tonearm and Performer Catridge
The Clearaudio Concept contains all the design elements of precision turntables.
The result is an incredible refined product.Made in Bavaria, Germany it is close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production:
- The Satisfy tonearm has precise, magnetic antiskating adjustment, and 3-point mechanical bearing- Revolutionary direct wiring, where the signal travels uninterrupted from the cartridge to the Phono-preamplifier- We have a heavy Baltic Birch constrained layer chassis where the body’s upper layer incorporates a special high-tech satined plastic compound designed to minimise unwanted resonance
- Decoupled and resonance damped DC motor, flat belt-drive and plug-in power supply unit
- Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze housing, running on a Teflon thrust-pad.- A 30mm thick acrylic platter rests on this bearing; it doesn’t need a mat. Why? Because the physical characteristics of acrylic are close to vinyl – so resonances bouncing around inside the record find an easy path into the platter, where they are damped away.
“… this serene-looking record player by Clearaudio, comprising the company’s Concept turntable, Satisfy tonearm, and Performer V2 moving-magnet phono cartridge…sounded open and engaging…” – Art Dudley, Stereophile USA
“It is as clean, rhythmic, detailed, and spacious as you’ll find for the money, not to mention engaging and entertaining.” – What Hi-Fi UK
"I found the Black/Satisfy combo to be a superb musical performer that should raise the eyebrows of even the most elite turntable enthusiast. In its deceptive simplicity, it performs with honesty and musical truth"
read the Absolute Sound Review
2021 Editors’ Choice Awards: Turntables $1,000 – $2,000
"The Clearaudio Concept turntable package does everything but unbox itself. Preset at the factory, this spinner features a svelte belt-drive chassis, a stunning friction-free, magnetic-bearing Verify tonearm, and the Concept moving-magnet cartridge. The build and finish of this German-made ’table are superior. For sheer musical engagement and superb speed stability, it’s the one to beat in this price range"
- Speed Range 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM, Electronic Speed Change
- Motor Decoupled DC motor with low-noise bearings
- Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing runs on a mirror of Teflon
- Platter CNC-machined POM (polyoxymethylene), 30 mm thickness
- Speed accuracy +- 0.04 %
- Weight 16.5 lbs
- Dimensions 16.54" x 13.78" x 5.51"
- Warranty 2 years