Cambridge Audio CXA 61 Integrated Amplifier with DAC and Bluetooth
The CXA61 is designed to bring you closer to the music you love. It’s designed to put you right at the heart of your favorite recordings, telling you the story of every note in the most natural, most effortless, most detailed way imaginable. Analog or digital, lo-fi, or hi-res, the CXA61 lets the music take you where you want to go.
The CXA61 has been engineered, refined, and finessed with only one objective in mind: to deliver the most thrillingly musical sound you’ve ever experienced. Every choice of component, and every engineering decision, has been made in order to minimize coloration of the sound and maximize its accuracy. Cambridge Audio has drawn on every one of its 50 years of experience to make the CXA61 its most accomplished integrated amplifier yet.
Because it’s designed to deliver the maximum musical experience no matter where the music is coming from, the CXA61 has an entirely re-engineered digital board featuring the industry-standard ESS Sabre ES9010 K2M digital-to-analog convertor. The CXA61 can bring digital audio files up to state-of-the-art 32bit/384kHz and DSD256 resolutions vividly to life, combining convenience with performance in a way unheard-of until now.
An oversized toroidal transformer gives the CXA61 a muscular 60 watts of power for each channel. Painstaking engineering gives it super-low levels of distortion and supreme electrical efficiency. The result is an amplifier with limitless reserves of power, ready to maximize the dynamic potential of any loudspeakers and able to play at any volume level without stress or distortion.
Pair any Bluetooth device to the CXA61 to stream up to aptX HD-quality audio. Because there’s no need to compromise your musical experience when you decide to cut the cord.
The CXA61 features a reimagined power amp stage with optimized capacitors values, and a revised volume pot designed to offer minimized crosstalk. The result is a clean, short and pure signal path that allows your music unmatched coherence - at any volume.
- 60 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (90 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- THD: 0.02% (20-20,000 Hz at 80% of rated power)
- built-in high-performance ESS Sabre SE9010K2M DAC
- toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- Bluetooth® wireless connectivity for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® HD encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- Class AB amplifier design
- full-metal casework with thick brushed aluminum front panel and acoustically damped chassis for enhanced resonance control
- remote included
- two Toslink optical digital inputs
- coaxial digital input
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer
- four stereo RCA analog inputs
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- stereo RCA preamp output
- switchable A+B speaker outputs with binding-post connectors
- control bus input and output for automatic synchronized on/off with compatible Cambridge Audio components
- 12-volt trigger input and output
- IR input
- RS-232C data port
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-15/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 13-7/16"D
- weight: 18.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years