Introduction to the Aurender N30SA
A source for the finest audio systems where quality is non negotiable. Inheriting Aurender's unique next-generation family design identity, the N30SA is visually distinguished by both its dual-chassis form factor.
As mentioned, the N30SA consists of two separate chassis linked together by two cables. The power box houses all power supplies, display driver, 8-TB HDD/SSD storage and all circuitry related to system control The audio box contains the display, SPDIF audio board with all digital output protocols and the OCXO clock. Both chassis are distinguished by their 10mm thick top covers which act as an effective EMF shield as well as having anti-resonance properties. In the audiophile world, two-chassis designs connote “ultra-high end” such as a separate CD transport / DAC or preamplifier with separate power supply. However, in the N30SA, this is not just a mere stylistic gesture as significant benefits in fidelity are realized with this configuration. For example, the power box can be located up to 1.5m away from the audio box greatly reducing the potential for spurious noise pollution cause by physical interaction. But more importantly, the AC powered linear power supply converts and delivers a clean DC power source from which the audio box is powered.
This arrangement dramatically lowers the noise floor resulting to an uncannily quiet background from which music can emerge. Through segregation of the noise inducing componentry such as the AC socket, LCD display driver, AC to DC power rectifier, hard drive spindle noise and LAN port results in an unprecedented level of audio purity. Physical Separation of Audio Circuitry and Power Supplies In addition to removing AC power noise from the outside by converting it into a clean DC power, another major source of outside noise is from the ethernet cable. Like the AC/DC conversion the N30SA’s LAN ports have a similar behavior. LAN signals containing noise from the router are separated by galvanic isolation through a transformer and double-isolated LAN port, and then transmitted to the audio box through a dedicated data cable. Viewing the audio outputs, located on the rear panel there is one each AES/EBU, BNC, Coax, Tos-Link and Audio 2.0 USB. This audio signal processing unit outputs an extremely low noise audio signal made possible by a unique grounding technique, electrical isolation and operation by DC power supplied from the power supply unit. The resulting noise floor is nearly unmeasurable. Additional Noise Suppression Methods Employed A high-quality Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (same as the one in W20SE) is used for the SPDIF outputs in the Aurender N30SA. Since only the parts directly related to audio playback are located together in one chassis, they can be totally isolated and free from noise generated from other than audio signal processing. That noise may occur inside the chassis and can be delt with through meticulous internal processing. OCXO Main Clock This input allows interface with an external word or master clock which are offered by several high-performance DAC manufacturers. Simply put, a word clock is a device that is given the job of keeping perfect time and preventing digital audio data errors when multiple components are used together. Using the 75 Ω BNC connector as a connection method, both master clock and word clock inputs are supported for various scalability options.
Control by Aurender Conductor
Aurender Conductor is an award-winning music management application that is at the heart of every Aurender music server / streamer. It provides quick access to your favorite files or steaming service and is intuitive, easy to use and simple to master. Conductor is supported on iPad, iPhone, Android Phones and Tablets. An Aurender music server is inclusive and designed in such a way so that both hardware and software work in harmony. This integration ensures better sound quality, reliability, stability and predictability of operation. It also allows Aurender to provide an unprecedented level of customer support
Aurender is the most acclaimed media streamer/server in the world today
- Front Panel Display Full-Color 8.8” 1920 x 480 wide IPS LCD
- CPU Intel Low Power Quad-Core System
- Memory 8GB SSD for System and Cache 480GB SSD
- Main Clock OCXO Based Precision Jitter Reducing Clock
- Storage 8TB SSD installed.
- Slot for additional 2.5” drive Word Clock Input BNC 10MHz, 12.8MHz (44.1kHz and 48kHz multiples from 1 to 512)
- Input impedance 75 ohms
- I/O Ports 2 x USB 3.0 (rear)
- Digital Audio Outputs AES/EBU, Coaxial, BNC, Optical and USB Audio Class 2.0 x 1 SPDIF Audio Output PCM up to 24-bit / 192kHz USB Audio Output 32-bit / 384kHz, 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64); 1-bit, 5.6MHz (DSD128), 11.2MHz (DSD256), 22.4MHz (DSD512)
- Compatible Formats DSD (DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, M4A, APE DSD-to-PCM
- Precision DSD-to-PCM conversion for SPDIF outputs
- Support for DSD64/128/256/512 to 88.2kHz or 176.4kHz MQA Core Decoder Optional
- Gigabit Ethernet Double-Isolated x 1
- Power Supply Full-Linear supply isolated by separated chassis UPS Yes (Super Capacitor based)
- Control Software Aurender Conductor for iPad, Android Phone / Tablet
- Material Machined Aluminum Chassis Dimensions & Weight (each) 16.9 x 3.8 x 14.0in., 48.5lbs / 430 x 96 x 353mm., 22.0kg
- Power Consumption Play (4W), Peak (70W), Standby (3.5W)
- Warranty 2 years
Audiofi is your Aurender N30SA dealer based in Vancouver. We ship free in Canada