Clearaudio Concept Turntable with Verify Tonearm and optional Concept MM Cartridge
The Clearaudio Concept contains all the design elements of precision turntables.
The result is an incredible refined product.Made in Bavaria, Germany it is close to perfect, especially when it comes to price/performance and the materials used for production:
- The Verify tonearm has friction free magnetic bearing for precise movement- Revolutionary direct wiring, where the signal travels uninterrupted from the cartridge to the Phono-preamplifier- We have a heavy Baltic Birch constrained layer chassis where the body’s upper layer incorporates a special high-tech satined plastic compound designed to minimise unwanted resonance- The Concept v2 MM is a high-output moving magnet cartridge featuring an aluminum body and cantilever with an elliptical stylus.
- Decoupled and resonance damped DC motor, flat belt-drive and plug-in power supply unit
- Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze housing, running on a Teflon thrust-pad.- A 30mm thick acrylic platter rests on this bearing; it doesn’t need a mat. Why? Because the physical characteristics of acrylic are close to vinyl – so resonances bouncing around inside the record find an easy path into the platter, where they are damped away.
Award Winner - Best turntable in the $2000 category
“It is as clean, rhythmic, detailed, and spacious as you’ll find for the money, not to mention engaging and entertaining.” – What Hi-Fi UK
2022 Editors’ Choice Awards: Turntables $1,000 – $2,000
"The Clearaudio Concept turntable package does everything but unbox itself. Preset at the factory, this spinner features a svelte belt-drive chassis, a stunning friction-free, magnetic-bearing Verify tonearm, and the Concept moving-magnet cartridge. The build and finish of this German-made ’table are superior. For sheer musical engagement and superb speed stability, it’s the one to beat in this price range"
- Speed ranges 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM, Electronic Speed Change
- Motor Decoupled DC motor with low-noise bearings
- Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing runs on a mirror of Teflon
- Platter CNC-machined POM (polyoxymethylene), 30 mm thickness
- Speed accuracy +- 0.04 %
- Weight 16.5 lbs
- Dimensions 16.54″ x 13.78″ x 5.51″
- Warranty 2 years
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz
- Output Voltage ~3.3mV
- Channel Separation 20dB
- Channel Balance 2dB
- Tracking Ability 80 µm
- Tracking Force 2.2 g ± 0.3 g
- Coil Impedance 0.66 kΩ
- Coil Inductance 0.42 mH
- Load Resistance 47 kΩ
- Load Capacitance 100 pF
- Cantilever Aluminum
Audiofi is a Clearaudio dealer in Vancouver, Canada
We ship free in Canada